- Aster Montessori is a pre- school located in Sammamish/Issaquah. We are licensed by the Washington State Department of Early Learning.
- Teachers are experienced and certified by the American Montessori Society.
- Our goal is to provide quality education with specially developed Montessori material.
- Our clutter-free environment is a key to Montessori education. Each child is encouraged to learn at his/her own pace in a mixed-age group with hands-on experience.
- We thrive to give your child the best emotional, social, physical and educational support.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Aparna Masalkar|
Spacious, pleasant, and safe indoor and outdoor area.
- Personalized attention and lessons tailored to each child`s needs.
- Emphasis on learning early math, language, science.
- Support to develop emotional, social intellegence.
- Art and music appreciation based on Montessori method.
- Planned and structured physical activities, including Yoga for children.
- Introduction to Spanish through an experienced language teacher.
- Spanish, music lessons included in curriculum.
- Meets and exceeds licensing requirement by Washington State DEL.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
I love the school. This is my son's second year at the school and I really can see the improvements he has had. The quality of the education is excellent as well as the materials the kids use. I strongly recommend Aster Montessori for your children.
- Posted by Parent - yurai
I have been working with Aster Montessori for few years and I am impressed with the quality of care school gives to children. Director has very high expectation from staff and it shows off in everything teachers do. School has impressive and attentive staff. The curriculum is based on whole child development and covers social and emotional support along with excellent academic development. My own child went thorough this school and thrived in every way!!
- Posted by Teacher - amasa
My daugter attented this school and we could see an amazing transformation in her. She learnt so much in time she spent there that was unbelievable. They offer mix of all activities reading, writng, music, language, science for overall development of kids, and all teachers are so loving and caring. We would highly recommend this school to other parents.
- Posted by Parent - preet
My daughter went to Aster for three years. I am very pleased with her development socially, emotionally and academically. Now at her kinder year in another school, I''ve been told that she is reading at the next grade level. Ms. Aparna is a very kind, patient and sensitive teacher with the kids. The entire staff Ms Maria, Ms Yuri and Ms Mariko are very good teachers as well. I am very happy with the foundation that this school has given my daughter for her all round development.
- Posted by Parent - maith
I have been more than impressed by Aster Montessori and the teachers. My daughter has attended Aster for two years and thrived, both socially and academically. I appreciate the small class size, student to teacher ratio and the diverse activities they are introduced to. I would highly recommend this school to others.
- Posted by Parent - rache
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.