Aster Montessori School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Aster Montessori is a pre- school located in Sammamish/Issaquah. We are licensed by the Washington State Department of Early Learning.
- Teachers are experienced and certified by the American Montessori Society.
- Our goal is to provide quality education with specially developed Montessori material.
- Our clutter-free environment is a key to Montessori education.
- Each child is encouraged to learn at his/her own pace in a mixed-age group with hands-on experience.
- We thrive to give your child the best emotional, social, physical and educational support.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Aparna Masalkar|
- Spacious, pleasant, and safe indoor and outdoor area.
- Personalized attention and lessons tailored to each child`s needs.
- Emphasis on learning early math, language, science.
- Support to develop emotional, social intellegence.
- Art and music appreciation based on Montessori method.
- Planned and structured physical activities, including Yoga for children.
- Introduction to Spanish through an experienced language teacher.
- Spanish, music lessons included in curriculum.
- Meets and exceeds licensing requirement by Washington State DEL.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Issaquah Grades: PK-K | 194 students
3520 Issaquah Pine Lake Rd Se
Issaquah, WA 98029
(425)392-0100 0.6 PK-K
- Issaquah Grades: K | 164 students
3601 228th Ave Se
Issaquah, WA 98029 1.2 K
- Issaquah Grades: 6-12
4588 Klahanie Dr SE Suite 401
Issaquah, WA 98029
(425)836-1600 1.4 6-12
Aster Montessori has been a wonderful place for our son. He has been attending for almost two and a half years! Currently he is doing his kindergarten learning here and loves his "pull out kindergarten" class. We have been very happy with the teachers, staff, and classroom environment! What we love is that the teachers are kind and encourage the children to be kind to one another. What my son loves is the school work, recess, and friends!
- Posted by Parent - kam
I love the school. This is my son's second year at the school and I really can see the improvements he has had. The quality of the education is excellent as well as the materials the kids use. I strongly recommend Aster Montessori for your children.
- Posted by Parent - yurai
I have been working with Aster Montessori for few years and I am impressed with the quality of care school gives to children. Director has very high expectation from staff and it shows off in everything teachers do. School has impressive and attentive staff. The curriculum is based on whole child development and covers social and emotional support along with excellent academic development. My own child went thorough this school and thrived in every way!!
- Posted by Teacher - amasa
My daugter attented this school and we could see an amazing transformation in her. She learnt so much in time she spent there that was unbelievable. They offer mix of all activities reading, writng, music, language, science for overall development of kids, and all teachers are so loving and caring. We would highly recommend this school to other parents.
- Posted by Parent - preet
My daughter went to Aster for three years. I am very pleased with her development socially, emotionally and academically. Now at her kinder year in another school, I''ve been told that she is reading at the next grade level. Ms. Aparna is a very kind, patient and sensitive teacher with the kids. The entire staff Ms Maria, Ms Yuri and Ms Mariko are very good teachers as well. I am very happy with the foundation that this school has given my daughter for her all round development.
- Posted by Parent - maith
I have been more than impressed by Aster Montessori and the teachers. My daughter has attended Aster for two years and thrived, both socially and academically. I appreciate the small class size, student to teacher ratio and the diverse activities they are introduced to. I would highly recommend this school to others.
- Posted by Parent - rache
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.