- Augusta First Seventh-day Adventist School strives to prepare students and families for eternal life with Christ.
- Established in 1934 by the Augusta First Seventh-day Adventist Church, the school teaches a curriculum which includes balanced focus on spiritual, academic, and physical growth. Certified teachers skillfully weave artistic and practical disciplines into everyday academics.
- Students learn to follow their curiosity, to think creatively, and to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- At Augusta First Seventh-Day Adventist School we celebrate diversity and strive to instill integrity, compassion and confidence in each child.
- We give each child support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self while growing in their journey with Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Kahaki/Navy blue pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, VolleyballGymnastics, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Program, Pathfinders Pathfinders, Arts and Music Program,
- Adventist education prepares students for a useful and joy-filled life, fostering friendship with God, whole-person development, Bible-based values, and selfless service in accordance with the Seventh-day Adventist mission to the world. We believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature, spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is our desire as a educators to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. There are four elements that we believe are conducive to establishing such an environment, (1) Teaching Bible base-values, (2) teachers acting as a guide, (3) allowing the child's natural curiosity to direct his/her learning, and (4) promoting respect for all things and all people.Our Curriculum includes : Bible, Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Handwriting (Cursive), Typing, Music, Drama, Field Trips, Community Service, Recreational times, After School Programs, and Physical Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AugustaGrades: K-12 | 34 students
2230 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30904
AugustaGrades: KG-12 | 165 students
2819 Peach Orchard Rd
Augusta, GA 30906
AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 559 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 469 students
1326 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901
AugustaGrades: K-8 | 138 students
333 Greene St
Augusta, GA 30901
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.