- The purposes of this Averill/alfond School to provide a home for the reception and support of needy boys and girls who are in need of a home and a helping hand, to maintain and operate a school for them and to attend to the physical, industrial, moral and spiritual development of those who shall be placed in its care; its spirit to be evangelical without being sectarian.
- our mission remains to provide a home and helping hand for young people and families.
- The organization has helped more than 6,000 youth from Maine and other states.
- Today, Good Will-Hinckley is home to youth facing complex academic, social, behavioral and emotional challenges.
- Before going to Good Will, they may have lacked sufficient support at home and/or in school.
- The 2,450 acre campus serves as many as 300 youth per year, ages 11 through 21.
- Good Will offers complete residential, educational, and counseling services. The campus also has a museum, library, organic farm, Alfond Recreation Center, and several athletic fields.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.