Banyan Tree Compass Academy
Established in 2013, Compass Academy offers a whole-child approach to learning, plus exceptional remedial resources.
Our accredited, blended curriculum uses a combination of online learning, teacher-led instruction, and small group classes.
One to one instruction and intervention is available for students to help them overcome specific learning disabilities, fill the gaps in academics, or get to the root of learning challenges.
Using research-based methods and cutting edge interventions helps students reach their potential.
Attendance options include: * Full day option * Partial day option * Additional educational therapy and specialized instruction is available.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-6
- Students: 8 students
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, ADD/HD, Auditory Processing, Sensry Processing, Home School Support, Educational Therapy
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- Compass Academy, a division of Banyan Tree Educational Services, is a private school for students with mild learning differences. Compass Academy students are of average or above intelligence, and do best in a small, nontraditional learning environment. Their needs may include dyslexia, memory, attention, sensory issues, executive functioning, and language processing. Students are taught how they can learn best, and how to understand their learning differences, helping them to become confident and efficient learners.
- Banyan Tree Educational Services has been providing quality education and specialized student support since 1996. In response to specific needs, three different programs have been developed for students. The Learning Center provides afterschool intervention and homeschool support. Foundations Academy is a certified nonpublic special education school, and Compass Academy is a private school with specialized individual instruction.
Profile last updated: 08/23/2021
Endorse Banyan Tree Compass Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?