Banyan Tree Compass Academy
Tel: (858) 367-5428
Established in 2013, Compass Academy offers a whole-child approach to learning, plus exceptional remedial resources.
Our accredited, blended curriculum uses a combination of online learning, teacher-led instruction, and small group classes.
One to one instruction and intervention is available for students to help them overcome specific learning disabilities, fill the gaps in academics, or get to the root of learning challenges.
Using research-based methods and cutting edge interventions helps students reach their potential.
Attendance options include: * Full day option * Partial day option * Additional educational therapy and specialized instruction is available.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/HD, Auditory Processing, Sensry Processing, Home School Support, Educational Therapy|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||8 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nanci Engle|
- Compass Academy, a division of Banyan Tree Educational Services, is a private school for students with mild learning differences. Compass Academy students are of average or above intelligence, and do best in a small, nontraditional learning environment. Their needs may include dyslexia, memory, attention, sensory issues, executive functioning, and language processing. Students are taught how they can learn best, and how to understand their learning differences, helping them to become confident and efficient learners.
- Banyan Tree Educational Services has been providing quality education and specialized student support since 1996. In response to specific needs, three different programs have been developed for students. The Learning Center provides afterschool intervention and homeschool support. Foundations Academy is a certified nonpublic special education school, and Compass Academy is a private school with specialized individual instruction.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 40 students
9524 Kearny Villa Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
(619) 521-3990 12.2 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: 12 | 45 students
2255 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 243-1325 4.8 12
- La Mesa Grades: 1-12 | 58 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619) 583-6762 10.3 1-12
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.