Barium Springs School
- Barium Springs Home for Children! Since 1891, we have been committed to a safe and nurturing family life for every child.
- Barium Springs serves North Carolina's children and families by providing a caring place to live for abused or neglected children, early childhood development for low income families, counseling services and foster family programs.
- We also offer behavior treatment in a school setting for troubled teens as well as early intervention services for children still living in the community.
- Barium Springs Home for Children is committed to a safe and nurturing family life for every child.
- Through the Early Childhood Education Program, Barium Springs Home for Children provides consultation and training to child care centers, providers and agencies throughout North Carolina.
- Designated as a Model Childcare Center by the Duke Endowment, the program provides consultation and training in various forms in an effort to improve the quality of early childcare and education throughout the state.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?