Beacon Country Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Beacon Country Day School, a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School, offers an enriched educational experience that promotes educational excellence.
- We respect the value of each individual, and develop the "whole child" by providing a warm, nurturing, positive, and supportive school environment and culture, in which students are challenged, build strong academic foundations, knowledge, and confidence through a total learning experience.
- BCDS provides opportunities to develop self-esteem, creativity, and the joy of learning which will maximize each child's potential, encourage life long learning, strive for personal excellence, and achieve educational excellence and prepares children for the 21st Century.
- Our national school norms are consistently in the top 5 % on the ITBS.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable and appropriate for weather)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, chess, Chinese, French, instrumental, singing, Spanish art, chess, Chinese, French, instrumental, singing, Spanish,|
- Beacon Country Day School offers an enriched educational experience
- National school test scores 95 - 99%
- United States Department of Education Blue Ribbon School
- Accredited by Advanc-Ed and NCA
- Integrated curricula that is accelerated
- 21st Century Education
- Nationally recognized education experts
- Individual Education Plans for every child
- We develop the "whole child"
- create life long learners with a joy for learning
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DenverGrades: K-8 | 241 students
700 S Franklin St
Denver, CO 80209
- EnglewoodGrades: PK-12 | 688 students
4545 S University Blvd
Englewood, CO 80113
- ParkerGrades: NS-8 | 515 students
9056 East Parker Rd
Parker, CO 80138
- WestminsterGrades: NS-12 | 297 students
3455 W 83rd Ave
Westminster, CO 80031
- EnglewoodGrades: PK-8 | 465 students
4951 S Pennsylvania St
Englewood, CO 80113
Beacon Country Day School is a great school! After struggling in public schools for 5 years, last spring I finally had enough. I was tired of my child coming home complaining of bullying, not being able to concentrate in class because the classes were too noisy, teachers not having the time or willingness to help all the kids one on one when they would have questions and the lack of a solid curriculum. When I found out that the public school spelling tests consisted only of memorizing word lists and not teaching the kids the meaning of the words or how to use them, I knew I was done wasting my time in the public school system. So with only two months left in the school year last spring, I pulled her out and sent her to Beacon. In just two months at Beacon the knowledge and understanding my daughter gained was far beyond my wildest expectations. Even close friends of mine noticed they change in two months. Now in her first year in the middle school classes, my daughter is bringing home A's and B's in all her courses, has surpassed what her peers are learning in math in the public schools and is having fun learning. Yes Beacon uses the traditional grading system so you get to finally know how well they really are comprehending what they are learning instead of the 'satisfactory' rating system. Please, take just an hour out of your day and schedule a visit with the school and see for yourself. At Beacon, they ask to have your child come spend the day with their future class mates so they can judge for themselves if Beacon is the right choice for them before making a commitment. However, be warned, my daughter came home and said I am never going back to public schools mom, I want to go to Beacon, it was great and they make learning fun!.
- Posted by Parent - barna
I can't tell you how pleased I am with the exceptional academics and behavior education. The teachers really care about the kids getting a good education and actually understanding the material. If any paper receives a low grade, the teacher works with the child to go back through the items they missed so they understand what the problems are and fully understand the topic. This way the child never continues on with a subject with only a partial knowledge of it or starts falling behind. The school truly caters to the individual child and their learning styles to ensure that each child will excel and succeed. And when it comes to behavior, I saw an immediate increase in maturity when my daughter started at Beacon. The staff and teachers coach the students on good vs. bad behavior; and all expect mature behavior from the students. There is also zero-tolerance for bullying. The staff and teachers go the extra mile to ensure students understand how to treat and respect each other.
- Posted by Parent - mel.m
Beacon Country Day School was the very best decision we made for our child. I am so grateful I found the school when my child was only 3 and after my tour and spending a day in the classroom my decision was made. My child loved it. She has flourished in 2 years. She is reading entire books and she is only 5 years old. She is excelling in math, science, computers, art, foreign language and most all reading. Her love for knowledge is apparent and she loves learning new things. She does complain the school is hard and had been challenging but in a good way. If you are looking for Art, Science, Music, Drama, Reading, Math and PE but you want a huge emphasis on individualized academics that are tough and demanding (in a good way) this would be a school I would consider. It is not a sit in your chair and listen type of school. Beacon Country Day School is a loving, nurturing, anti bullying, co-ed, small class sizes and personalized education for each child. No uniforms and free before and after school care.
- Posted by Parent - jfont
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.