- Big Minds is an attachment-based, community focused school designed to give twice exceptional (2e) students the time and support necessary to grow into thoughtful, articulate citizens.
- Our focus is on socio-emotional development that supports both cognitive and creative growth.
- Students and teachers are continually engaged in a passionate, reciprocal learning process. Our academic work is inquiry-based, dynamic, and follows student interests.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,500|
|Admissions Associate||Dr. Melanie Hayes|
- Big Minds is designed to specifically support a 2e child`s intense drive to learn, differing levels of ability/asynchronous development, overexcitabilities, need for specific social/emotional support, and desire to belong to a community of true peers. Our goal is to help students develop positive self-efficacy, self-advocacy, and self-directed learning and growth. We welcome all 2e children to apply, but cannot serve students who are physically or verbally aggressive.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pinole Grades: PK-K | 33 students
592 Tennent Ave
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-1724 0.2 PK-K
- Pinole Grades: K-8 | 286 students
1961 Plum St
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-0242 0.2 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: 2-12 | 22 students
1060 Manor Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803 1.5 2-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 37 students
16330 San Pablo Ave
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)724-4494 1.6 K-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.