- Big Minds is an attachment-based, community focused school designed to give twice exceptional (2e) students the time and support necessary to grow into thoughtful, articulate citizens.
- Our focus is on socio-emotional development that supports both cognitive and creative growth.
- Students and teachers are continually engaged in a passionate, reciprocal learning process. Our academic work is inquiry-based, dynamic, and follows student interests.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,500|
|Admissions Associate||Dr. Melanie Hayes|
- Big Minds is designed to specifically support a 2e child`s intense drive to learn, differing levels of ability/asynchronous development, overexcitabilities, need for specific social/emotional support, and desire to belong to a community of true peers. Our goal is to help students develop positive self-efficacy, self-advocacy, and self-directed learning and growth. We welcome all 2e children to apply, but cannot serve students who are physically or verbally aggressive.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pinole Grades: PK-K | 33 students
592 Tennent Ave
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-1724 0.2 PK-K
- Pinole Grades: K-8 | 286 students
1961 Plum St
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-0242 0.2 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: 2-12 | 22 students
1060 Manor Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803 1.5 2-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 37 students
16330 San Pablo Ave
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)724-4494 1.6 K-12
Are the SAT and ACT essential for college admissions? The answer to that question depends on many things, not the least of which is your own personal philosophy of education. Some more answers here.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.