Bishop Mc Guinness High School
- Bishop is a college prep, co-educational Catholic high school operating under the direction of the Diocese of Charlotte.
- We embrace the diversity of our student body and invite students of all faiths, ethnic and social and economic backgrounds to attend our school.
- We strive for a level of diversity in its population which prepares students in a values-centered environment which speaks to the best in Catholic education.
- At Bishop McGuinness, we take academics very seriously. We focus on helping each student excel in learning and prepare for future academic success.
- Courses are offered at different levels to fit different needs, interests and capabilities.
- Our professional staff offers guidance and advice to help students understand course options and select the most suitable program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(collar shirt w/school name/khaki pants/loafers/tennis shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Cath. tuition/books/fees - approx $9800 Other Faith - tuition/books/fees - approx $14000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Knox|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winston-Salem Grades: PK-12 | 425 students
4940 Gospel Light Church Rd,
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
(336)722-6100 3.6 PK-12
- Winston Salem Grades: NS-12 | 62 students
4634 Shattalon Dr
Winston Salem, NC 27106
(336)924-8641 12.6 NS-12
- Chapel Hill Grades: NS-8 | 388 students
920 Carmichael St
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919)929-1546 62.3 NS-8
- Greensboro Grades: 9-12 | 152 students
4334 Hobbs Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
(336)217-7100 13.5 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.