- Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel.
- Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character and self-discipline.
- A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||LInda Wallace|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel. Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character and self-discipline. A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.
- Our Mission The mission of Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is the fulfillment of the educational ministry of the Catholic Church and has as its primary goal the ongoing formation of the Christian person. It aims at the development of the individual's moral, intellectual, social, cultural and physical endowments College Preparation 100% of Bishop Gorman graduates in the Class of 2011 went on to post-secondary academic institutions or enrolled in the military. Recent Gorman graduates are currently studying at Cornell, Dartmouth, Yale, Princeton, University of Notre Dame, West Point, Air Force Academy, Georgia Tech, Rice, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Colorado School of Mines, Carnegie Mellon, Case Western Reserve, Saint Louis University, Trinity University, Boston University, Purdue, Austin College, Miami University, Southwestern, Florida Tech, Hillsdale College, and many more. A significant number of alumni are currently enrolled in MS, PhD, DPT, JD, and MD programs across the country. 80% of the 41 graduates of the Class of 2011 collectively received more than $5.2 million in college scholarship offers. Student Activities Co-curricular activities include: Ambassadors Club, Student Ministry, Drama Club, Yearbook, Student Government, Biology Club, Math Club, Peer Ministry, Journalism, Marching Band, National Honor Society, Visual Arts, Pre-Med Club, Pro-Life Club, Academic Team, Choir, Football, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, swimming, Track and Field, Tennis, and Golf.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TylerGrades: PK-5 | 408 students
3215 Old Jacksonville Road
Tyler, TX 75701
TylerGrades: K-12 | 162 students
961 County Road 1143
Tyler, TX 75704
TylerGrades: PK-12 | 720 students
2695 S Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.