Bishop Tk Gorman Catholic School
- Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel.
- Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character and self-discipline.
- A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jan Pilgrim|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel. Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character and self-discipline. A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.Our MissionThe mission of Bishop T. K. Gorman Regional Catholic School is the fulfillment of the educational ministry of the Catholic Church and has as its primary goal the ongoing formation of the Christian person. It aims at the development of the individual's moral, intellectual, social, cultural and physical endowmentsCollege Preparation100% of Bishop Gorman graduates in the Class of 2011 went on to post-secondary academic institutions or enrolled in the military. Recent Gorman graduates are currently studying at Cornell, Dartmouth, Yale, Princeton, University of Notre Dame, West Point, Air Force Academy, Georgia Tech, Rice, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Colorado School of Mines, Carnegie Mellon, Case Western Reserve, Saint Louis University, Trinity University, Boston University, Purdue, Austin College, Miami University, Southwestern, Florida Tech, Hillsdale College, and many more.A significant number of alumni are currently enrolled in MS, PhD, DPT, JD, and MD programs across the country. 80% of the 41 graduates of the Class of 2011 collectively received more than $5.2 million in college scholarship offers.Student ActivitiesCo-curricular activities include: Ambassadors Club, Student Ministry, Drama Club, Yearbook, Student Government, Biology Club, Math Club, Peer Ministry, Journalism, Marching Band, National Honor Society, Visual Arts, Pre-Med Club, Pro-Life Club, Academic Team, Choir, Football, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, swimming, Track and Field, Tennis, and Golf.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TylerGrades: PK-5 | 419 students
3215 Old Jacksonville Road
Tyler, TX 75701
- TylerGrades: PK-12 | 720 students
2695 S Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
- TylerGrades: K-12 | 162 students
961 County Road 1143
Tyler, TX 75704
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.