- Blue Cap is an organization that is dedicated to serving infants, children and adults with developmental disabilities through community-based educational, therapeutic, vocational and residential opportunities.
- Located in Blue Island, Illinois, Blue Cap offers a wide array of services dedicated to achieving personal growth and dignity for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Chicago and over 30 suburban communities.
- Blue Cap’s School Program provides educational, therapeutic, self-help and pre-vocational services to students with severe developmental delays.
- An emphasis is placed on cognitive, speech, gross motor, fine motor, social and self-help skills.
- The goal of the school program is to promote the development of the child or young adult to his or her fullest potential.
- All services are provided in a bright, friendly, structured and respectful environment.
- Commitment to Quality Blue Cap staff work as a team with the child or young adult’s family and home school district to share their expertise with each other to provide services in a comprehensive and effective manner fostering growth and promoting personal dignity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: K-12 | 47 students
520 N Marshfield Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
NorthbrookGrades: PK-11 | 30 students
3210 Dundee Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
ChicagoGrades: 1-12 | 94 students
3145 W Pratt Blvd
Chicago, IL 60645
ChicagoGrades: PK-10 | 14 students
710 W 61st Place
Chicago, IL 60621
ChicagoGrades: NS | 19 students
1850 W Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.