- We, at Bridgeport Catholic Academy, believe that the purpose of education is to create a Christian community living the values of the Gospel in which the children and teachers are stimulated to learn, think, share, and develop individual skills.
- Our goal is that we become useful, productive, and active members of an ever-changing society.
- We believe that the role of the parent/guardian is to be the primary teacher of Christian values, working with the teacher actively supporting and encouraging their children in the learning process.
- At Bridgeport Catholic Academy, we believe the parents are an integral part of their child's educational development.
- We believe in fostering the teachings, values and traditions of the Catholic faith and in living that faith.
- We believe that opportunities for a variety of religious experiences are necessary to nurture one's personal commitment to God, neighbor and self, and to develop responsibilities to the Church and community.
- We believe that the role of the teacher is to encourage, guide and instruct the students in mastering the goals and objectives of the school curriculum using a variety of teaching strategies and resources.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Bridgeport Catholic - S Campus also viewed these schools: St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic School, Intercultural Montessori Language School of Chicago and Oak Park, St Pius V School, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Academy and St. Sylvester Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 125 students
2200 West Rice Street
Chicago, IL 60622
ChicagoGrades: PK-6 | 236 students
114 S. Racine
Chicago, IL 60707
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
1919 S Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
720 W. Belmont Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 323 students
3027 West Palmer St
Chicago, IL 60647
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.