Brookfield Academy Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- Brookfield Academy's Livonia Campus opened in September of 2009. We are the 5th Brookfield in Michigan with a 45 year long tradition of Montessori education.
- We opened the school with infant, toddler and pre-primary classrooms.
- In the Fall of 2010 we are adding on a Kindergarten-1st grade.
- Over the next few years the campus will include both lower and upper elementary classrooms.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mary Jo Cunningham|
- The Montessori sequence of learning, guided by the child's readiness in all areas of curriculum.
- Carefully designed Montessori environments
- Trained and experienced Montessori teachers
- Ongoing professional development for staff
- Enrichment programs such as foreign language, art, music, physical education, and computers
- Beautiful, safe, and fully licensed indoor and outdoor spaces for children
- Parent education
- Opportunities for parent involvement
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RedfordGrades: PK-12 | 129 students
Redford, MI 48239
LivoniaGrades: NS-K | 132 students
14200 Newburgh Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154
DetroitGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
4351 Marseilles St
Detroit, MI 48224
WestlandGrades: PK-8 | 170 students
5885 N Venoy Rd
Westland, MI 48185
FerndaleGrades: PK-KG | 80 students
400 W Marshall St
Ferndale, MI 48220
After reviewing and visiting several area Montessori programs we selected Brookfield Academy as our school of choice for our children, age 3 and 5. The Principal is a highly educated and experienced individual that lives and breathes the care and education of children. Shortly after enrollment they were able to identify a problem with our 5 year old never caught by earlier programs. The Principal move quickly to confirm and isolate the problem and set up remedial support immediately. Most impressive is how we were kept in the loop each step of the way. Very professional! At the moment both kids are enjoying there summer camp and they will continue with Brookfield Academy and we hope we are able to keep them there through the 5th grade. The campus is gorgeous, and staff are fantastic. I think you may be incorrect about the population of the students. I believe we heard there are now over 70 students and according to the office manager a large number of new enrollments for 2013. A must visit for all parents!
- Posted by Parent - wna10
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?