- Brookfield Schools provides services at three schools. Brookfield Academy serves students in grades 9-12, Brookfield Elementary serves Students K-8 and our Transition to College program serves juniors and seniors. Brookfield staff assists students who are experiencing special emotional/behavioral issues that interfere with their learning in the regular public school system.
- The educational component of Brookfield Schools is designed to provide an intensive and grade-level, academic curriculum with a successful model for therapeutic services and socialization opportunities that promotes each student`s academic success.
- Our priority is to facilitate the learning process. Additionally, we hope each Brookfield student will transition with an increased awareness of appropriate social behavior, greater self-esteem, and more positive social interactions.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Leaning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the public schools who place the child in our private, nonprofit special education schools.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ed Travis|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- All students receive individual and group counseling on a weekly basis. We are proud to offer a case load of 1:15 or less for our certified school social workers and school psychologist. A child psychiatrist also consults to each program every other week and p, which includes the capability for medication managment.
- The elementary school offeres a 20 day extended school year program that runs 4 days/week for five weeks. This enables the students to continue to advance their skill base academically and emotionally.
- At the Academy vocational programs include Culinary Arts in an in-house commercial kitchen, costmetology and grapihic design. Accredited by NCASES.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cherry Hill Grades: 1-12 | 222 students
2127 Church Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856)482-5252 4.1 1-12
- Haddonfield Grades: PK-9 | 60 students
144 Kings Hwy W
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
(856)428-8108 1.5 PK-9
- Atco Grades: Inquire with school | 220 students
280 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004
(856)767-5757 9.8 Inquire with school
- Sewell Grades: PK-12 | 49 students
610 Holly Dell Dr
Sewell, NJ 08080
(856)582-5151 10.8 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.