Burnham Brook School
- Burnham Brook Middle School was founded in 1982 in Canterbury, NH. Canterbury is a small town that borders the capital city of Concord.
- Burnham Brook School is located on nearly twenty acres of forest, field, and stream.
- Canterbury has a strong sense of community and a long history of dedication to quality of thought and simple excellence.
- The community values arts, creativity, and beauty in workmanship. These values are reflected in the design of the program and the curriculum at Burnham Brook School.
- The curriculum is unique, research-based, and effective. The dedicated staff is highly trained and committed to collaboration.
- They have been working together as a team for many years finely tuning a very sophisticated program.
- Students come from a variety of towns, sometimes traveling one hour or more to Burnham Brook School.
- Upon graduation they attend a wide variety of high schools.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Executive Functioning, Language Based Learning Difference|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: K-12 | 62 students
105 Eastern Avenue
Rochester, NH 03867
(603)332-2848 30.5 K-12
- Concord Grades: 7-12 | 45 students
2 Fisk Rd
Concord, NH 03301
(603)228-4209 8.9 7-12
- Contoocook Grades: 6-12 | 16 students
40 Park Ln
Contoocook, NH 03229
(603)746-7702 10.1 6-12
- Manchester Grades: 5-12 | 103 students
1 Mammoth Rd
Manchester, NH 03109
(603)621-3599 25.3 5-12
- Rye Grades: 3-12 | 60 students
1247 Washington Rd.
Rye, NH 03870
(603)964-4903 44.4 3-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.