Calvin Christian School - Edina
We believe that all things exist to glorify God, whom we know in Jesus and teach children that every part of their lives must serve Christ's glory.
- Since 1961 Christian parents have partnered with outstanding teachers to provide God-honoring education at Calvin Christian School.
- Today, Calvin Christian School serves families throughout the Twin Cities, at its original campus in Edina, as well as a K-8 campus in Blaine and and high school campus in Fridley.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Parents make a pledge and pay an amount that reflects their ability to support the school's operation. The median suggested pledge amount for 2017-18 is $8,905. Additional mandatory fees total $900.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
|Admissions Associate||Bethany Brewer|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Jazz Band, Lego League, Student Council Drama, Jazz Band, Lego League, Student Council,
- Calvin Christian School is committed to providing students with an education that will equip them as disciples of Jesus Christ. The challenge to Christian living, built on a rich, biblical worldview, is woven into every aspect of school life.
- Calvin Christian offers a proven, comprehensive program from kindergarten through high school, all developed by our staff of dedicated educators. Art, music, and physical education are offered in addition to the basic disciplines, and Spanish is introduced in middle school. Computer technology is readily available as a learning and research tool. Learning assistance and enrichment programs are provided.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017