Calvin Christian School
Calvin Christian School is committed to educating students to have a God-centered understanding of the world and their place in it.
- Since 1961 Christian parents have partnered with outstanding teachers to provide God-honoring education at Calvin Christian School.
- Today, on its campuses in Blaine, Edina, and Fridley, Calvin serves 500 students from families representing 90 churches and 45 communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4|
|Tuition Notes||Parents make a pledge and pay an amount that reflects their ability to support the school's operation. The median suggested pledge for 2010-11 is $6,850. Additional mandatory fees total $800.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Intramurals, Jazz Band Drama, Intramurals, Jazz Band,|
- Calvin Christian School is committed to providing students with an education that will equip them as disciples of Jesus Christ. The challenge to Christian living, built on a rich, biblical worldview, is woven into every aspect of school life. Calvin Christian offers a proven, comprehensive program from kindergarten through high school, all developed by our staff of dedicated educators. Art, music, and physical education are offered in addition to the basic disciplines, and Spanish is introduced in middle school. Computer technology is readily available as a learning and research tool. Learning assistance and enrichment programs are provided. Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55434
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 84 students
9931 Foley Blvd Nw
Minneapolis, MN 55433
- AndoverGrades: PK-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 171 students
6875 University Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.