5.00 (1 review)
- Cambridge School is a classical, Christ-centered community of learners, which exists to partner with parents to educate the hearts and the minds of children in both virtue and truth, so that they might develop both the capacity and the character required to live out their God-given destinies as they proceed to high school and beyond.
- This happens through the sparking of imagination, play, and going deep rather than learning disconnected facts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jumper/Khaki pants and polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 13 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||$8,800 Kindergarten (3-day) $12,000 Kindergarten (5-day) - Grade 5 $12,120 Grades 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debbie Martinez|
|Admissions Associate||Debbie Martinez|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Cambridge School is classical, Christ-centered, and integral. Children are born with a sense of wonder and awe about the world around them; we draw on this curiosity, spark the imagination, and ignite a passion for learning which lasts a lifetime. We value children as persons created in God`s image, not empty minds to be filled. Children learn best when they can experience the relationships between subject matters in a way that reflects "the big picture," not isolated bits of information. At Cambridge, we create space to absorb and ponder. We relive historical events and identify with the characters of a book. Through a sense of wonder our students learn and make connections. We inspire children`s imaginations by immersing them in time-tested, rich literature, history, art, and music within an environment where students are encouraged to question and explore. As genuine questions emerge and students examine truth that transcends history, they are transformed from passive participants into engaged and interested learners.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1340 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410)581-4711 8.5 PK-12
We love Cambridge School! From the Christ-centered classical education to the devotion of the faculty and staff toward the wholeness of our children, our family has been blessed by Cambridge. Our kids wake up excited to get to school and we have seen them thrive both academically and socially. We are grateful for the faculty, staff, and families of Cambridge!
- Posted by Parent - sam.e
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.