Canyon View Academy
- At Canyon View Academy we provide a very safe and aesthetic environment so that students can put all of the attention they want into the fun and rewards of learning.
- We are located on a 19 acre campus in the Sunland/Tujunga foothills, surrounded by oak and eucalyptus trees.
- We have playgrounds, rope swings, a track, a basketball court and lots more! Our small class sizes ensure the students get lots of personal attention from the teachers.
- We are an Applied Scholastic school, we use Study Technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Using this technology brings about an understanding that results in the ability to apply what one learns at school, in one's work and in life.
- Canyon View Kids An ability to read well opens the door to any subject they wish to tackle, so we focus on literacy.
- We introduce them to many areas and topics while increasing their ability to read more and more advanced materials.
- Our curriculum includes all the basics covering reading, writing, math, grammar, science, history, geography and art.
- Our low student to teacher ratio guarantees they get one on one, as needed and that no one gets lost in a sea of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunland Grades: K-7 | 76 students
10614 Oro Vista Ave
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)352-7980 0.8 K-7
- La Crescenta Grades: 1-8 | 519 students
4444 Lowell Ave
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-3398 2.7 1-8
- La Crescenta Grades: PK-K | 149 students
3950 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-6364 2.7 PK-K
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.