Canyon View Academy
- At Canyon View Academy we provide a very safe and aesthetic environment so that students can put all of the attention they want into the fun and rewards of learning.
- We are located on a 19 acre campus in the Sunland/Tujunga foothills, surrounded by oak and eucalyptus trees.
- We have playgrounds, rope swings, a track, a basketball court and lots more! Our small class sizes ensure the students get lots of personal attention from the teachers.
- We are an Applied Scholastic school, we use Study Technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Using this technology brings about an understanding that results in the ability to apply what one learns at school, in one's work and in life.
- Canyon View Kids An ability to read well opens the door to any subject they wish to tackle, so we focus on literacy.
- We introduce them to many areas and topics while increasing their ability to read more and more advanced materials.
- Our curriculum includes all the basics covering reading, writing, math, grammar, science, history, geography and art.
- Our low student to teacher ratio guarantees they get one on one, as needed and that no one gets lost in a sea of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunland Grades: K-7 | 76 students
10614 Oro Vista Ave
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)352-7980 0.8 K-7
- La Crescenta Grades: 1-8 | 519 students
4444 Lowell Ave
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-3398 2.7 1-8
- La Crescenta Grades: PK-K | 149 students
3950 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)957-6364 2.7 PK-K
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.