Carden Dominion School
- Carden Dominion Elementary School established in 1984, is an independent, non-denominational school.
- Our Lomita Pre-school accepts infants through age six and our Redondo Pre-school is designed for children ages two through six.
- Our Elementary School, also located in Redondo Beach, is for students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- Carden's educational program includes a strong phonics and comprehensive reading curriculum.
- Equal emphasis is given to mathematics by teaching computational skills along with the conceptual aspects of our system.
- School believes that if a child has a sound academic background, good work habits, and the will to succeed, there are no limits to the opportunities and the development of the whole child depends on appropriate mental, social and physical nourishment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhattan BeachGrades: PK-5 | 95 students
1740 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- TorranceGrades: PK-5 | 207 students
21720 Madrona Ave
Torrance, CA 90503
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.