Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Andrew Academy
- St. Andrew Academy is a place that offers "something more" in an education.
- We are a faith-based school that offers an academic program rooted in the knowledge that each child is created uniquely, with dignity and grace (in every sense of that word).
- Our team of educators at St. Andrew Academy works with parents to help our students acquire the skills needed to realize their own goals and develop into the people God intends them to be.
- We emphasize student-centered learning and are working towards implementing effected blended-learning programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- A gem in the North End, our large park-like campus is home to 260 students from all over the City of Bridgeport. Our school celebrates its diversity in every grade and encourages students to share their families' heritage throughout the year. The faculty, staff and administration strive to create a family atmosphere at the school where children are celebrated, encouraged and expected to be good citizens. St. Andrew Academy is a place where children love to learn and learn to love!To accommodate working parents, we offer a nurturing, safe environment with a Before-School Program beginning at 6:45 a.m. (even on delayed openings in the winter!) and an After-School Program available until 5:30 p.m. Along with a supervised homework hour, students can participate in after-school enrichment activities like Band, Choir, Piano, Karate, Girl Scouts, Cooking Club, Newspaper Club, Get Fit Club and more.We are firm believers that it "takes a village" to raise a child. Here at St. Andrew Academy, every adult in the building will know your child. Teachers are accessible and willing to do whatever it takes for your child to succeed!
- People that viewed Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Andrew Academy also viewed these schools: Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Ann Academy, Assumption Catholic School, Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Raphael Academy, Bridgeport Hope School and Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Augustine Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
(203)334-5856 4.3 PK-8
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-3 | 210 students
324 Frank St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203)333-6818 2.6 PK-3
- Bridgeport Grades: 4-8 | 235 students
63 Pequonnock St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203)366-6500 3 4-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.