Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Ann Academy
- St. Ann Academy offers much more than just a strong academic program; we teach the entire student-mind, heart and spirit.
- We support your family-taught values of right and wrong and help in establishing the highest moral values.
- Our school environment is that of a caring community with the student at the center of all that we do."St. Ann`s is like family" - this is a phrase we hear over and over from alumni and newcomers alike, and it`s the characteristic that makes us most proud.
- Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for school events such as the Ice Cream Social, the Harvest Festival and Family Pasta Night, to name just a few.
- More importantly, the St. Ann community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, School Newspaper, Student Council|
- St. Ann Academy reflects the socio-economically and ethnically diverse population of Black Rock and the surrounding area. There is a very strong sense of community that is welcoming to all. Many families have been part of the St. Ann Academy community for several generations, and proudly point out a family member in Alumni Hall, where a gallery displays graduation photos of every class since the school`s founding in 1937. The school boasts of many long-standing traditions, as parents of today`s students recall childhood memories at events that still occur today. St. Ann Academy feels like one big family. Newcomers, alumni parents, teachers and staff form a strong school culture Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for events. More importantly, the St. Ann Academy community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
- People that viewed Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Ann Academy also viewed these schools: Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Andrew Academy, Bridgeport Hope School, Fairfield Country Day School, Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Raphael Academy and Easton Country Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: NS-8 | 241 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203)373-1552 4.3 NS-8
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 271 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)259-2723 3.6 PK-9
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-3 | 210 students
324 Frank St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203)333-6818 2.4 PK-3
Nearby Homes for Sale
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.