- The CCMC School provides comprehensive special education programs for students ages 4 to 21 years who require intensive intervention due to severe emotional, behavioral, physical and/or learning problems.
- The school is designed to provide a high level of structure and support, as well as an integrated package of services to address each child's unique educational, therapeutic, vocational, social, emotional, and developmental needs.
- The goal of the CCMC School is to foster the development of independence in social, emotional, behavioral, and academic skills so that students may be transitioned back to their home school district.
- We believe that children can realize their potential given an environment that is supportive, developmentally appropriate, and geared to specific individual needs.
- We are dedicated to the development of a sense of cooperation, self-motivation, adjustment, and academic accomplishment for each child.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New BritainGrades: K-12 | 70 students
370 Linwood St
New Britain, CT 06052
BethlehemGrades: 3-12 | 33 students
21 Arch Bridge Rd
Bethlehem, CT 06751
WaterburyGrades: 3-12 | 32 students
2200 Thomaston Ave
Waterbury, CT 06704
HamdenGrades: 6-12 | 37 students
871 Prospect St
Hamden, CT 06517
HartfordGrades: 6-12 | 242 students
180 Bloomfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105