- At Cedar Montessori our program is designed to meet the needs of the child aged 2-1/2 to 6 years.
- The school is operated on a non-discriminatory basis, according equal treatment and access to service without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry.
- Cedar Montessori is dedicated to the education of children in an environment designed to stimulate and develop the child's love of learning.
- The Montessori philosophy leads to the development of a child's strong sense of self-direction, independence, dignity and awareness of the community.
- Social and emotional development is fostered in a nurturing atmosphere.
- The variety of Practical Life exercises focus on increased concentration, expanding care of one's self, along with improving social skills.
- At Cedar Montessori your child will learn the basic skills necessary to become an independent person and have the opportunity to practice these skills.
- These exercises also help develop eye/hand co-ordination and small muscle skills.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)241-9353 0.3 PK-1
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 165 students
1200 Carlton Dr
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)240-7030 0.5 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)244-4567 0.8 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.