- At Cedar Montessori our program is designed to meet the needs of the child aged 2-1/2 to 6 years.
- The school is operated on a non-discriminatory basis, according equal treatment and access to service without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or ancestry.
- Cedar Montessori is dedicated to the education of children in an environment designed to stimulate and develop the child's love of learning.
- The Montessori philosophy leads to the development of a child's strong sense of self-direction, independence, dignity and awareness of the community.
- Social and emotional development is fostered in a nurturing atmosphere.
- The variety of Practical Life exercises focus on increased concentration, expanding care of one's self, along with improving social skills.
- At Cedar Montessori your child will learn the basic skills necessary to become an independent person and have the opportunity to practice these skills.
- These exercises also help develop eye/hand co-ordination and small muscle skills.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)241-9353 0.3 PK-1
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 165 students
1200 Carlton Dr
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)240-7030 0.5 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)244-4567 0.8 PK-K
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.