5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jerry Stigliano, M.Ed.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orange ParkGrades: 3-11 | 43 students
402 Loring Avenue
Orange Park, FL 32073
- Orange ParkGrades: K-12 | 85 students
16 College Drive
Orange Park, FL 32065
- MiddleburgGrades: NS-7 | 136 students
198 Knight Boxx Road
Middleburg, FL 32068
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 484 students
5752 Blanding Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32244
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
4200 Jammes Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32210
My son started 9th grade here after being in public school all his life. He has done so much better since making the switch. He is so much happier and learning more of the things he is interested in along with the basic. It's no longer the battle it use to be each morning to get him ready to go. Thank you for providing a place he feels secure in.
- Posted by Parent - karin
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.