Challenger School - Berryessa
- Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At Challenger School, our mission is to prepare children to become self-reliant, productive individuals; to teach them to think, speak, and write with clarity, precision, and independence; and to inspire them to embrace challenge and find joy and self-worth through achievement.
- Challenger helps children become adults who are led by neither peer pressures nor common sentiment, but by the strength of their own thinking.As we teach content, we teach method-logic and thinking skills.
- Students learn to evaluate, question, and search for connections.
- Finding and understanding the connections between concepts is what enables students to retain and then apply and extend their knowledge.
- They learn to find connections by doing things in logical sequence-that is how they learn to recognize logical progression.
- Challenger students learn about freedom, and that each person has fundamental rights.
- They learn to respect the person and property of others.Students learn how honesty, integrity, and independence relate, and that with these traits they earn personal dignity.
Profile last updated:
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.