Challenger School - Berryessa
- Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At Challenger School, our mission is to prepare children to become self-reliant, productive individuals; to teach them to think, speak, and write with clarity, precision, and independence; and to inspire them to embrace challenge and find joy and self-worth through achievement.
- Challenger helps children become adults who are led by neither peer pressures nor common sentiment, but by the strength of their own thinking.As we teach content, we teach method-logic and thinking skills.
- Students learn to evaluate, question, and search for connections.
- Finding and understanding the connections between concepts is what enables students to retain and then apply and extend their knowledge.
- They learn to find connections by doing things in logical sequence-that is how they learn to recognize logical progression.
- Challenger students learn about freedom, and that each person has fundamental rights.
- They learn to respect the person and property of others.Students learn how honesty, integrity, and independence relate, and that with these traits they earn personal dignity.
Profile last updated:
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.