Challenger School - Berryessa
- Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At Challenger School, our mission is to prepare children to become self-reliant, productive individuals; to teach them to think, speak, and write with clarity, precision, and independence; and to inspire them to embrace challenge and find joy and self-worth through achievement.
- Challenger helps children become adults who are led by neither peer pressures nor common sentiment, but by the strength of their own thinking.As we teach content, we teach method-logic and thinking skills.
- Students learn to evaluate, question, and search for connections.
- Finding and understanding the connections between concepts is what enables students to retain and then apply and extend their knowledge.
- They learn to find connections by doing things in logical sequence-that is how they learn to recognize logical progression.
- Challenger students learn about freedom, and that each person has fundamental rights.
- They learn to respect the person and property of others.Students learn how honesty, integrity, and independence relate, and that with these traits they earn personal dignity.
Profile last updated:
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.