Challenger School - Berryessa
- Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At Challenger School, our mission is to prepare children to become self-reliant, productive individuals; to teach them to think, speak, and write with clarity, precision, and independence; and to inspire them to embrace challenge and find joy and self-worth through achievement.
- Challenger helps children become adults who are led by neither peer pressures nor common sentiment, but by the strength of their own thinking.As we teach content, we teach method-logic and thinking skills.
- Students learn to evaluate, question, and search for connections.
- Finding and understanding the connections between concepts is what enables students to retain and then apply and extend their knowledge.
- They learn to find connections by doing things in logical sequence-that is how they learn to recognize logical progression.
- Challenger students learn about freedom, and that each person has fundamental rights.
- They learn to respect the person and property of others.Students learn how honesty, integrity, and independence relate, and that with these traits they earn personal dignity.
Profile last updated:
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.