5.00 (1 review)
- Chamberlain Academy is a Residential Treatment Center, licensed by the South Dakota Department of Social Services to provide treatment for males and females between the ages of 13 to 18.
- Chamberlain Academy provides solutions for developing productive lives for youth who may otherwise turn to self-destructing behaviors.
- Our Challenge is to offer a nurturing environment where respect and education are highly valued.
- At the Chamberlain Academy treatment programming places primary importance on thinking and behavioral change.
- Chamberlain Academy focuses on critical thinking, social/life skills, emotional literacy/management, empathy training, vocational training, and career development and education advancement.
- The primary emphasis is to teach the young people the skills necessary to be successful.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChamberlainGrades: 1-8 | 154 students
Po Box 89
Chamberlain, SD 57325
MillerGrades: K-12 | 92 students
400 Sunshine Dr
Miller, SD 57362
New HollandGrades: PK-8 | 57 students
Po Box 19
New Holland, SD 57364
CorsicaGrades: PK-12 | 105 students
37614 Sd Highway 44
Corsica, SD 57328
PierreGrades: 1-6 | 9 students
1206 E Robinson Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
great school. i would recommend it for most troubled students. The teachers are great. the life learning skills they taught me really helped out when i turned into a adult. its a clean sanitary enviroment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - htchi
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
July 12, 2017