Chaminade Middle School
- Chaminade College Preparatory is a Catholic coeducational institution for young men and women from grades six through twelve.
- Chaminade Middle School is committed to educating students who will positively influence the future.
- Guidelines, influenced by the Marianist philosophy of education, provide students with a firm foundation in faith, a college preparatory education that recognizes the need for adaptation and change, and the ability to both identify and act upon the global community's need for service.
- Academic integrity, teamwork, dialogue, acceptance of others, and the search for truth are key elements of the curriculum.
- Life long learning, critical thinking and creativity are strong components of the educational goals Chaminade has for each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||682 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
EncinoGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
4548 Haskell Ave.
Encino, CA 91436
Woodland HillsGrades: KG-8 | 594 students
20874 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
La Canada FlintridgeGrades: K-6 | 197 students
140 Foothill Blvd
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
ChatsworthGrades: PK-12 | 988 students
11052 Independence Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
WinnetkaGrades: PK-8 | 311 students
19812 Cantlax St
Winnetka, CA 91306
After 12 years living in Porter Ranch and the new school 5 minutes from our home, I thought my son might like to attend the new K1-8th grade public "middle" school, after completing 6th grade at Chaminade. My son stated he wanted to remain at Chaminade for 7th and 8th grade and follow into the High School. I asked with a "10" being best, he gives his Teachers a "10", Students (Friends) a "10" and Sports a "10". Academically he feels he is being challenged and on track compared to attending the number one LAUSD grade school. Our younger son who is "meeting LAUSD (CA) school standards" per his grade school teachers comments will be joining his older brother this year as a 6th grader at Chaminade. A big thank you to my husband and Chaminade for giving our boy(s) an excellent opportunity to want to learn and a love of school.
- Posted by Parent - franc