Champagnat Catholic School - Hialeah Campus
5.00 (1 review)
- Champagnat Catholic School was founded by Dr. Reinaldo Alonso and his wife Mrs. Maria I. Alonso at a time in the history of Miami to strengthen the religious, the civic and patriotic roots of children coming in from Cuba and Central and South America.
- Our common objective at Champagnat Catholic School is the academic, moral and religious education of our students.
- We are interested in their whole growth and development as healthy members of society.
- In providing positive learning experiences, we enhance the students` self-esteem and nurture their intellects.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
National Independent Private Schools Association
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Entrepreneurship Club, Hospitality Club, Mock UN, Student Council Choir, Mock UN, Entrepreneurship Club,|
- Champagnat Catholic School was founded by Dr. Reinaldo Alonso and his wife Mrs. Maria I. Alonso at a time in the history of Miami when many new immigrants families were moving to Miami-Dade County. Champagnat came in to strengthen the religious, civic and patriotic roots of children coming in from Cuba and Central and South America. Champagnat started under the auspices of the Marist Brothers, headquarters in Guatemala. This was possible due to Dr. Alonso`s previous years as principal of the Champagnat elementary in La Vibora, Cuba and later on at the Champagnat high school in Cienfuegos, Cuba.
- Champagnat Miami campus opened its classroom doors on September 8, 1968 at the corner of 29th Avenue and 7th Street SW Miami with 123 students. In May of 1969, we had our first, First Communion at St. Dominic`s Church and in June our first award ceremony at the Miami High Auditorium. In 1970 we moved our locale to 2609 NW 7th Street, Miami, Fl and in 1973 we opened the doors to a second campus in Hialeah, Fl. We now hold First Communions and Confirmations at Corpus Christi Catholic Church. Our graduations are at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
- Our common objective at Champagnat Catholic School is the academic, moral and religious education of our students. We are interested in their whole growth and development as healthy members of society. In providing positive learning experiences, we enhance the students` self-esteem and nurture their intellects.
- Champagnat students are involved in many activities to bring them closer to the community. The yearly activities include a canned food drive during Thanksgiving, a toy drive during Christmas, visits to orphanages and elderly communities which are sponsored by our student council, and the requirement of one hour of volunteer work a week in the high school. We also have an athletic department where our LIONS learn to compete in good sportsmanship and work as a team.
- Champagnat Catholic School is accredited by the Council of Bilingual Schools, the National Independent Private School Association, and The National Council of Private Schools Association. We are also members of Quality Counts, Coalition of McKay Scholarship Schools, Florida Association for Child Care Management, Florida High School Athletic Association, and the Bilingual Private Schools Association. We accept scholarships from Step Up For Students, CTC Corporations and John McKay.
- Our students are known for fulfilling rigorous graduation standards which include: completing a national standardized college entrance exam, over one hundred community service hours, and, particularly, attend an overnight religious retreat. Over the years we have developed a relationship with the Archdiocese of Miami Youth Center and Encuentros Juveniles which has allowed our students the opportunity to not only fulfill their retreat requirement but also develop a role as active Catholic leaders of our parishes and communities.
- Professed religious and certified catechists have taught at our school preparing our children for the sacraments of Baptism, Penance, Communion, and Confirmation. Since one of our founders was a Marist Brother, Champagnat Catholic School has always and will always prepare our children with Christian-like values and morals. It is our tradition to have each student who graduates from our school spiritually prepared as well as academically prepared for their futures. The relationship with parishes in our communities has allowed the privilege of doing so.
- As we celebrate over forty-five years in Miami-Dade County, we give thanks to the families in our community that have entrusted their children`s education to Champagnat Catholic School. Through the years, we have had the pleasure of having thousands come through our classrooms of which have become men and women of society filled with morals, knowledge and faith. We pray that Our Blessed Mother and St. Marcellin Champagnat will continue to guide us in forming the young men and women of tomorrow!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 1182 students
601 NE 107 St.
Miami, FL 33161
- MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 923 students
2701 Indian Mound Trl
Miami, FL 33134
- MiamiGrades: 9-12 | 831 students
3601 S Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33133
- MiamiGrades: K-12 | 210 students
2609 Nw 7th St
Miami, FL 33125
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
If you want your child to be in an environment where the staff truly cares for their future, Bring them to Champagnat Catholic School.
- Posted by Parent - robai
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.