Chapel Haven Schleifer Center, Inc.
Tel: (203)397-1714 Ext. 148
Chapel Haven Schleifer Center, Inc. Photo #2 - The new SAIL intergenerational campus includes a wellness cafe - a great gathering point for socialization and daily fun.
Chapel Haven Schleifer Center, Inc. Photo #3 - Chapel Haven Schleifer Center has transformed its campus with a $45 million upgrade that includes a new REACH residential and classroom campus, a new Welcome Center, and the Schleifer Adult Independent Living Center for lifelong independent living.
- Founded in 1972, Chapel Haven Schleifer Center is an award-winning, nationally accredited transitional living program and approved private special education with a mission of teaching adults with cognitive disabilities and social disabilities to live independent and productive lives. Chapel Haven Schleifer Center has grown to serve more than 250 adults (18 years of age and older) in the residence and the community with three distinct programs; REACH, Asperger`s Syndrome Adult Transition (ASAT), and Chapel Haven West (Tucson, AZ) In a new feature, adults with disabilities can also take classes online through Chapel Haven's new online learning portal, Chapel Haven Online. Learn more about that here: https://www.chapelhaven.org/chapel-haven-online
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$70,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuitions for our programs vary from $40,000 to $72,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Catherine DeCarlo|
|Endowment Size||$100 million|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Cross Fit, Cycling, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Fit, Cycling,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Chapel Haven offers 3 comprehensive programs:
- REACH (Residential Education at Chapel Haven: In the traditional REACH (Residential Education at Chapel Haven) program, based in New Haven, Conn., adults 18+ with mild developmental disabilities and autism live apartment-style in an intensive 24-month Residential Life Skills program on the Chapel Haven campus. They learn to negotiate all aspects of independent living while enjoying a state approved education program and a nationally accredited transitional living program. Upon graduation, 85% of our adults choose to continue living in the Chapel Haven community, and receive continued supports from Chapel Haven.
- Asperger Syndrome Adult Transition Program (ASAT)1040 Whalley Ave.New Haven, CT 06515www.chapelhaven.orgAdmissions Office: 203-397-1714, Ext. 185Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Asperger Syndrome Adult Transition (ASAT) Program at Chapel Haven is nationally renowned for guiding adults to live independent and productive lives. Chapel Haven`s ASAT Program serves a range of individuals, from those who are 18 and still completing their high school program to older adults who can benefit from our a la carte supports. Our program is highly flexible, caters to each individual`s specific means, and is guided by a curriculum divided into four major domains: Social communicative competency (SCC) learning to maintain relationships, problem-solve social communication breakdowns and consider the perspective of others. Independent living life skills, apartment living, managing a budget, mobility
- Career and college supports
- Chapel Haven West - 1701 N. Park AvenueTucson, Arizona 85719 Phone: 1-877-824-9378 Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.chapelhaven.org/ Information:Chapel Haven West opened in 2008 in Tucson, AZ and provides residential transition and lifelong supports for adults 18+ with autism spectrum disorders and related social disabilities. The program is a satellite of Chapel Haven, Inc., in New Haven, Conn., founded in 1972 by parents and dedicated to providing lifelong supports for adults with cognitive and social disabilities. Chapel Haven`s other two programs are based in New Haven, CT. Chapel Haven West is a transition program that focuses in four key areas: independent living, self-determination, college/vocation and social communication skills. Students live in an apartment complex within walking distance a few blocks from the University of Arizona. They learn apartment management skills along with cooking, budgeting, grocery shopping and doing laundry. The program`s close proximity to the University of Arizona provides a rich array of benefits for Chapel Haven West students, including classes, involvement in the university`s state-of-the-art SALT Center and job shadowing opportunities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeville Grades: PK-9 | 265 students
211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860)435-0871 49.5 PK-9
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.