Childrens Rainbow Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- Children's Rainbow Day School (2 years old – K4) / Rainbow Christian Academy (K – 8th grade) is a fully accredited, non-denominational Christian school in Miami, Florida founded to partner with families who want their children to receive an excellent academic education combined with a Biblical worldview in every subject.
- We desire to offer a safe, nurturing, family environment where families and faculty can partner together to bring up the whole child in a preschool, elementary, and middle school setting where "Christ is Honored and Children are Loved".
- We are committed to preparing students for advanced education, as well as Christian lives of leadership and service.
- Our school, not only offers a solid academic education, but also provides many programs, courses, and opportunities which together nurture and develop the whole child.
- Such programs consist of, but are not limited to, music classes, instrument lessons, art classes, dance classes, sports, etc.
- We also offer after school care with supervised homework assistance and outdoor time on our large, shaded playground.
- At Children's Rainbow Day School and Rainbow Christian Academy we believe that, "IT'S BETTER TO BUILD A CHILD, THAN REPAIR A MAN!".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms-Sunshine School Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||$5500 / school year|
|Admissions Director||Mrs.Melissa Nehrbass|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Delores Ward|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Classes, Caravan, Compassionate Ministry, Instrument Lessons, Mind Lab (Brain Games) Art Classes, Caravan, Compassionate Ministry,|
Mind Lab (Brain Games),
- On May 27, 1981 Children's Rainbow Day School opened its door. Over the course of the the past school years, Rainbow has continued to offer many curricular and extracurricular programs throughout our day including advanced and remedial studies, sports and enrichment opportunities. We promise to provide the quality Christian education that you as parents desire for your children. The basis of our curriculum is ABeka Book materials. The ABeka Book curriculum is effective, creative, and instills academic excellence along with spiritual growth in every subject.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HomesteadGrades: PK-12
17700 Sw 280th St
Homestead, FL 33031
- HomesteadGrades: PK-2 | 27 students
24953 Sw 135th Ave
Homestead, FL 33032
- MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 46 students
19301 Sw 127th Ave
Miami, FL 33177
- MiamiGrades: PK-1 | 90 students
16400 Sw 147th Ave
Miami, FL 33187
- HomesteadGrades: PK-K | 55 students
15395 Sw 288th Street
Homestead, FL 33033
This school has the BEST administrators, teachers, and staff, who very quickly become your FAMILY! They treat each student in the school as if they are their very own children. Aside from the EXCELLENT curriculum and delivery of instruction, the loving family environment will make you and your children feel right at home. My kids LOVE going to school and make me stick around when I go pick them up because they don't want to leave! I recommend this school for all children from ages 2-middle school.
- Posted by Parent - j.rod
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.