City Christian Schools
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (503) 252-5207
- City Christian Schools offers an accredited education for students in preschool through 12th grade.
- Our goal is to partner with parents to equip students for life achievement through academic preparation, character development, spiritual maturity, and a broad exposure to life and vocational opportunities in a supportive Christian environment.
- We offer courses such as AP and Career Technical Education for the advanced student along with supportive teachers and staff assisting those students that might need some additional help.
- City Christian Schools is an excellent choice for today's Christian family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary depending half day, full day or extended care in preschool. Tuition also varies from Kinder through 12th grade. Please check our website or call for accurate information. Financial Aid is also available.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Homework Club, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
AP Art, Art Classes, Band and Choir, Music Class, orchestra, Voice Lessons, Worship Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At City Christian your child is educated academically and empowered spiritually.
- Small class sizes provide meaningful social opportunities and encourage close friendships.
- At City Christian your child will NEVER be lost in a crowd: teachers relate to students as individuals and make an effort to meet their academic, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
- City Christian offers a high standard of education and students regularly score above grade level on yearly tests.
- City Christian offers opportunities for after-school programs such as: basketball, volleyball, soccer, track, cheer leading, elementary worship team, band & orchestra, Christian Students United and a variety of other special interest clubs.
- At City Christian our students are challenged to develop compassion and a heart for serving at both their church and local community.
- City Christian seeks to develop godly character and deeper faith.
- Because City Christian has no tolerance for profanity, drugs, alcohol and other negative distractions, students learn in a healthy environment with less negative peer pressure.
- Students from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity choose City Christian because we value what each individual brings to our school.
- City Christian students benefit from nearly 200 650 more in class teacher instruction hours than the public school system, which means less time spent at home doing classroom work.
- Some of the best gifts you can give to your children are a foundation in Christ, values based on biblical principles and a quality education.This is why City Christian Schools partners with parents to raise up the next generation. We are an excellent choice for your family!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: K-4 | 131 students
3710 N Mississippi Ave
Portland, OR 97227
(503) 288-5813 5.2 K-4
- Portland Grades: NS-12 | 773 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
(503) 297-1894 10.1 NS-12
Absolutely love this school. It has such a young, vibrant, and relevant vibe. The student plain is super diverse, yet everyone comes together to celebrate and encourage each other. There's just a feeling of love here that you don't get at a public school. The teachers also make education, especially STEM, top priority.
- Posted by Parent - JDM
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.