Colorado Springs Academy
- Through superior academics and mentoring, The Colorado Springs School prepares students to think independently and to meet the challenges of a dynamic world with leadership, ingenuity, problem-solving skills, and personal integrity.
- The Colorado Springs School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship or loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Learning is grounded in experience. By delivering challenging academic material through traditional and experiential settings, The Colorado Springs School offers our students opportunities to learn information more thoroughly, to retain it longer, and to apply it to new settings.
- This deliberate approach to teaching also offers students opportunities to learn more about themselves, others, and the world.
- Building on strong, supportive relationships afforded by small classes and a safe environment, we advance each student's personal and academic growth.
- A broad and demanding liberal arts curriculum offers our students the best opportunities to understand themselves and the wonders around them.
- At the same time, a strong liberal arts approach provides the best foundation for further study and for life.
- Our PK-12 curriculum is ordered to provide enthusiastic readiness for challenging university programs.
- Small classes orchestrated by outstanding teachers deepen the success and the learning potential of each student.
- Our teachers are studied professionals committed to developing resourceful, independent, and responsible young people.
- Close personal relationships permit frequent encounters for teachers, parents, and students to know one another well.
- A CSS education is a partnership between home and school.
- When teachers and parents communicate clearly about our students, student achievement rises.
- Mutual respect for the profession of teaching as well as for the calling of parenting underlies this important relationship.
- Parents, teachers, and administrators understand that it is in our students' interest that we create a safe, challenging, and supportive environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 398 students
5905 Flintridge Dr
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Colorado SpringsGrades: K-12 | 829 students
4855 Mallow Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Colorado SpringsGrades: NS-6 | 72 students
7675 Lexington Dr
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 300 students
21 Broadmoor Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Colorado SpringsGrades: K | 17 students
5815 Tutt Center Point
Colorado Springs, CO 80922