Community High School
- The Community High School in Teaneck, New Jersey servers both NJ & NY students and provides structured, small-group/one-to-one, multisensory, individually-tailored special education to bright children with an IEP, learning differences, ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and other health impairments.
- Through small group instruction and innovative teaching, the school expose students to a wide range of information and activities available in the educational mainstream and ensure that all students excel and reach their individual potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Language-based Learning Difference|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Toby Braunstein|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Bowling,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Billiards Club, Chess Club, Debate Club, Fishing Club, History Club, Homework Club, Radio Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Computer Club, Drama Club, Drama productions, Newspaper Club, Photography Club, Poetry Out Loud
- Established In 1968, The Community (Lower) School and Community High School in Teaneck, New Jersey have been providing a structured, individually-tailored education to bright children with learning differences and attention deficits since beginning in a single room in 1968.
- Founded by Dr. Beatrice Lieben, Ph.D., The Community School has served children with learning and attentional disabilities for over 50 years. We strive to combine a quality education with a nurturing social experience to prepare our students for higher education and success in life.
- More than 90% of our graduates attend colleges and universities. We are proud that the school`s primary goal continues to focus on allowing students to achieve the highest level of performance in the classroom commensurate with their individual abilities and talents.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 8 K-12
- Clifton Grades: PK-8 | 344 students
154 East First Street
Clifton, NJ 07011
(973)772-1149 7.2 PK-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 966 students
315 E Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201)569-9500 2 PK-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.