Community School #1 Elementary School
- Community School #1 is a small, independent elementary school built on the principles of academic excellence, responsible citizenship and sense of community.
- Our small enrollment allows us to work individually with each child.
- We challenge students to reach their 'personal best' while promoting high academic standards for all.
- We foster self-reliance and a strong school community, as the children learn to care for themselves and each other.
- The daily interactions between students strengthen the values of respect, responsibility and resourcefulness.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prairie Village Grades: K-5 | 9 students
6400 State Line Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
(913)722-1115 0.6 K-5
- Kansas City Grades: 9-12 | 596 students
5600 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64113
(816)501-0011 1.1 9-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-8 | 553 students
6400 Charlotte St
Kansas City, MO 64131
(816)523-4899 1.6 PK-8
- Mission Grades: 9-12 | 745 students
5041 Reinhardt Drive
Mission, KS 66205
(913)262-2700 1.7 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.