- Community School was founded in 1991 by three Montessori teachers, who wanted to establish a school in a home style environment.
- In this prepared environment as in the classroom, they wanted teachers/staff and children to be nurtured and have a love for learning together.
- Community School is a private Montessori school in Denton, Texas serving children 3 to 9 years old with primary classes for 3-6 year old and elementary classes for 6-9 year old.
- We have been at this location since 1991 in a spacious Georgian style home on vast tree filled acreage for gardens and playground fun.
- This school environment has been like a second home for many of our students and faculty.
- Each school has its own personality. We at Community School want ours to be dynamic, evolving entity that reflects the hearts and minds of all of us.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ArgyleGrades: K-12 | 65 students
2270 Copper Canyon Road
Argyle, TX 76226
- DentonGrades: PK-K | 80 students
1300 E Pecan Creek Cir
Denton, TX 76210
- LewisvilleGrades: K-1 | 124 students
2425 Briarhill Blvd
Lewisville, TX 75077
- PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 60 students
5221 Village Creek Dr
Plano, TX 75093
- DentonGrades: K-12 | 209 students
Po Box 2414
Denton, TX 76202
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.