5.00 (2 reviews)
Our students learn through the arts and experiential learning. Students learned about Spain and the artist Goudi. In this picture, students are creating their own mosaic inspired by the famous artist and architect.
Our students take Latin as their foreign language and learn through music, theater and art. Mythology and ancient Greek and Roman culture is integrated into the curriculum. We have an active Latin club. In this photo the students 'let their hair down' at a recent family Greek night.
- Featuring college-prep courses integrated with theatre, art and music, Conservatory Prep Senior High provides an environment to enhance the creativity and intellectual curiosity of the gifted learner for grades 6 12.
- The mission of Conservatory Prep Senior High is to build a strong learning community amongst its students and faculty by infusing the passion of the cultural arts and experiential learning into the curriculum.
- Conservatory Prep was designed for the creative, inquisitive learner who prefers a nurturing environment geared towards freedom of expression through the arts.
- Core academic areas of math, Latin, science, English and Social Studies are intertwined with the arts.
- Imagine learning about the American Revolution through song, art and dances of the time; or performing Shakespeare as part of an English assignment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Conservatory Prep offers courses on the Honors and Advanced Topics level. Advanced Topics courses are recognized as college level work including independent research in a small seminar type setting.|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Wendy Hirsch Weiner|
- *Highly qualified facultyâ€¨ - Most hold a Masters or a Doctorate *Very small class size â€¨*Arts-integrated college-prep curriculum *Instruction geared towards the gifted learner *Experiential learning *Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools *Special Senior/Gap Year Program
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-12 | 140 students
4850 S Pine Island Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Fort LauderdaleGrades: 2-12 | 24 students
801 NE 34 Court
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 2436 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
PlantationGrades: KG-12 | 64 students
6515 W Sunrise Blvd
Plantation, FL 33313
Pompano BeachGrades: K-12 | 102 students
10193 Nw 31st St
Pompano Beach, FL 33065
This school will change the way you think about education and your creative child will prosper in ways you cannot imagine !
- Posted by Parent - deanr
Outstanding education! Quality teachers taught my daughter to become an independent learner and honed her math and writing skills. Never did I think I would see her dance, sing, paint and perform with confidence. This is a very small school filled with creative and bright kids who prefer to spend their days learning in engaging classes instead of worksheets and daily tests.
- Posted by Parent - whwed
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.