Conservatory Prep Senior High School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Conservatory Prep Senior High School Photo #2 - The art of acting allows students to learn empathy and scenarios faced in different cultures and time periods.
Conservatory Prep Senior High School Photo #3 - Our students learn through the arts and experiential learning. Students learned about Spain and the artist Goudi. In this picture, students are creating their own mosaic inspired by the famous artist and architect.
- Experiential Learning For Creative Minds independent, private school in Broward County located just outside Ft. Lauderdale in Davie, Florida, serving students in grades 7 through 12.
- The purpose of education at Conservatory Prep, the only private school of its kind in Broward County, is to foster creativity and critical thinking through the arts, hands-on experiences and problem-based learning, while emphasizing strong research, math, writing, and technology skills.
- Our students tend to be gifted, college-bound individuals who are not meeting their potential in a traditional school environment.
- Conservatory Prep Schools: A Place Where You Can Just Be Yourself Imagine- Going to school everyday where you are appreciated for just being you. Where your ideas are encouraged and your passions fostered by teachers and fellow classmates.
- Imagine- A day where you begin by being welcomed by your friends and teachers, followed by writing a play or a song in Latin.
- A day where math is FINALLY understood. A day where science is all about discovery and solving problems, rather than memorization for a test.
- A day where learning social studies includes cooking, music, dance, art and theater along with research and presentations.
- Imagine- Coming to school every day without aches and pains because you no longer worried about not understanding the homework or fear of failing an exam. Imagine- A place where you can just be yourself.
Conservatory Prep Senior High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Conservatory Prep offers courses on the Honors and Advanced Topics level. Advanced Topics courses are recognized as college level work including independent research in a small seminar type setting.|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Wendy Hirsch Weiner|
- *Highly qualified faculty - Most hold a Masters or a Doctorate *Very small class size *Arts-integrated college-prep curriculum *Instruction geared towards the gifted learner *Experiential learning *Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools *Special Senior/Gap Year Program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: 2-12 | 24 students
801 NE 34 Court
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954)564-8950 11.3 2-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-12 | 1726 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954)492-4135 13.5 PK-12
- Clearwater Grades: 9-12 | 680 students
110 N McMullen Booth Rd
Clearwater, FL 33759
(727)449-2247 200.9 9-12
Students are given an opportunity to learn and polish their skills in a learning environment that is less stressful than what is thought of as a traditional classroom. Demonstrations of acquired learning is not limited to paper and pencil test, yet students are expected to meet the same course standards as their peers elsewhere. The cadre of teachers work together to help students gain confidence in their ability to succeed and maximize their potentials.
- Posted by Teacher - J. Hawkins
Conservatory Prep is a wonderful school. I love working with our students, they are intelligent, talented, and compassionate individuals. Our staff is small, but highly qualified. We strive to engage the students in high level thinking skills through problem based learning and inclusion of the Arts in every subject. Instead of tests, our students are given problem based projects and assignments that require them to think critically and creatively. The students are required to present their finished projects to their teacher and their fellow students. When our students graduate, they are fully capable of meeting the challenges that await them.
- Posted by Teacher - Mrs. T
This school uses a unique approach to ensure students are prepared for college and the world beyond. The teachers and staff are caring and highly qualified. They focus on "arts-integrated education," where students show their understanding of concepts through an art component. Students will not do poorly because of a "disability". Teachers and staff will create a learning structure for each student to thrive.
- Posted by Teacher - Laura Jones
This school will change the way you think about education and your creative child will prosper in ways you cannot imagine !
- Posted by Parent - deanr
Outstanding education! Quality teachers taught my daughter to become an independent learner and honed her math and writing skills. Never did I think I would see her dance, sing, paint and perform with confidence. This is a very small school filled with creative and bright kids who prefer to spend their days learning in engaging classes instead of worksheets and daily tests.
- Posted by Parent - whwed
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.