Cornerstone Schools of Washington, D.C.
- The vision of Cornerstone Schools is to provide a Christ-centered, nurturing and academically rigorous education for the young people of Washington, D.C. Our school is built on the core principles of spiritual growth, academic excellence, discipline, personal responsibility, and community involvement.
- We seek to instill in God's children a lifelong joy of learning and to equip them with the knowledge, skills and values necessary to become leaders who serve others in light of Christ and His truth.
- Cornerstone Schools aim to reflect the cultural and economic diversity of the communities they serve and to become a cornerstone of hope there.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP European History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for grades Pre-K3-8 is $8,000, and increases to $12,000 for high school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Softball, Track and FieldBasketball, Softball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WashingtonGrades: PK-10 | 213 students
3942 Alabama Ave Se
Washington, DC 20020
- Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 78 students
2317 Brinkley Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
- BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
- WashingtonGrades: NS-12
2001 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007
- SuitlandGrades: PK-12 | 38 students
4650 Suitland Rd
Suitland, MD 20746
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.