Corte Madera Montessori
- Corte Madera Montessori is devoted to the education on Pre-Primary, Primary, and Kindergarten children, ages 2-6 years.
- We base our philosophy and programs on the pioneering work of Dr.Maria Montessori.
- Our classrooms are led by Montessori certified teachers with the aid of an assistant.
- There are 24 children in each classroom, with a 1:12 ratio.
- We are dedicated the the development of the whole child, and place equal importance on academic, social, physical, and emotional growth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jaime Kelly|
- Our aim is to provide a happy and nurturing environment where we attend to the children's needs, facilitate their interests, and encourage their developing abilities.
- In our classrooms we use educational materials that assist children to reach their full potential of self-confidence and independence.
- Each well prepared environment reflects the core montessori belief that children learn best through their own efforts.
- The role of the teacher is to link the children to this environment by group and individual lessons, by providing new materials as children indicate their need and readiness, and by acting as a supportive guide as each child explores their creativity and unique skills and talents.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Larkspur Grades: K-8 | 260 students
120 King St
Larkspur, CA 94939
(415)924-0501 0.8 K-8
- Mill Valley Grades: K-8 | 99 students
70 Lomita Dr
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415)381-8183 1.2 K-8
- Mill Valley Grades: NS-8 | 69 students
70 Lomita Dr Ste D
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(916)488-2515 1.3 NS-8
- Corte Madera Grades: PK-K | 58 students
50 El Camino Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)924-4661 1.4 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.