Cotter High School & Junior High School
Cotter High School & Junior High School Photo #4 - Music offerings including concert band, jazz band, jazz combos, pep band, marching band, symphonic band, concert choir small choral ensembles, music listening, and show choir.
Cotter High School & Junior High School Photo #5 - Many co-curricular activities are offered including theater/drama, math team, chess club, speech team, National Honor Society, and several others.
- Cotter is a diverse Catholic School community of faith, scholarship and service.
- Cotter is a Catholic day and boarding college preparatory school.
- Our diverse school community includes students with wide ranging talents and interests.
- Cotter faculty and staff assist students of all abilities as they strive to achieve their personal best.
- Students receive an excellent education with close attention given to their individual needs.
- Cotter provides students with a challenging and supportive school environment with teachers who are passionate about teaching and assisting students become young men and woman of character.
- This care and enthusiasm inspires students to strive for success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP US History, Computer Programming C++, Computer Programming Java, Electronics/ Robotics, Honors Chemistry, Honors Microeconomics, Honors Physics 1, Honors Physics 2, Honors Spanish 4, Honors Spanish 5, Honors Spanish 6, Human Biology, Linear Algebra|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Will Gibson|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Schrupp|
- Cotter is a Catholic School community promoting excellence through prayer, learning, and service. Cotter is a Catholic day and boarding college preparatory school. Our diverse school community includes students with a wide range of talents and interests. Cotter faculty and staff assist students of all abilities as they strive to achieve their personal best. Students receive an excellent education with close attention given to their individual needs. Cotter provides students with a challenging and supportive school environment with teachers who are passionate about teaching and assisting students become young men and woman of character. This care and enthusiasm inspires students to strive for success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Crosse Grades: 9-12 | 353 students
315 11th Street S
La Crosse, WI 54601
(608)784-0287 27.1 9-12
- Onalaska Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
1501 Wilson St
Onalaska, WI 54650
(608)783-5435 25.5 9-12
- Charleston Grades: 6-12 | 419 students
1033 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304)342-8415 653 6-12
- Huntington Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
600 13th Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)525-5096 617 9-12
- Mcmechen Grades: 9-12 | 103 students
325 Logan Street
Mcmechen, WV 26040
(304)845-2055 626.8 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.