Cougar Mountain Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Cougar Mountain Academy is a distinctive private school for children with high expectations where each individual student receives an excellent education and a wonderful school experience.
- Cougar Mountain Academy offers a future of promise and nurtures each student as if that child were the only one attending.
- Cougar Mountain Academy is a school for gifted or highly capable children and is dedicated to providing an excellent education for each individual student.
- The high caliber curriculum combined with an individualized, non-graded and non-competitive approach to learning enables each student to develop optimum potential and a deep love of learning.
- The dedicated approach to the development of each child at Cougar Mountain Academy represents an invaluable gift for life.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 3-12 | 45 students
14550 Westminster Way N
Seattle, WA 98133
- Mercer IslandGrades: K-12 | 225 students
9655 SE 36th Street, #101
Mercer Island, WA 98040
- IssaquahGrades: 6-12
4588 Klahanie Dr SE Suite 401
Issaquah, WA 98029
- SeattleGrades: PK-12 | 192 students
2400 NE 147th Street
Seattle, WA 98155
- BellevueGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
2701 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
Bellevue, WA 98008
Excellent School!! Best decision we have ever made for our child 's academic future.
- Posted by Parent - kevip
My oldest son went to Cougar Mountain Academy for 5 years and received an excellent education. It prepared him for middle school where he has continued to excel. We know have our youngest son at the Academy and he too is receiving the same stellar education. It is a very kind and accepting environment where all children feel like an important part of the student body. The teachers are top-notch and the administration develops and executes a well structured curriculum. Not only is the academic platform perfect for the student body but it is very accommodating to a busy working mom's schedule.
- Posted by Parent - annet
Our 3 yr old son has thrived since going to this school. He is challenged, and it amazes me how much he is learning. And he loves the teachers (as do we)!! Definitely recommend.
- Posted by Parent - nbsna
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.