Countryside Montessori Academy
- Countryside Montessori Academy embraces all of the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori in its approach to learning.
- The "absorbent mind" will never repeat its miraculous ability to absorb the native tongue, to perfect movement or internalize order.
- Never will these sensitivities be more alive than in the preschool child.
- The Montessori prepared environment allows children to act freely on their own initiative, meeting needs through individual spontaneous activity.
- The children learn to work quietly and intently on their own "work." They are building concentration and self-discipline.
- The Montessori classroom is a community. In the Montessori environment children work individually, in very small groups, or sit quietly observing.
- The children work freely and when they complete their work, they return it to its place on the shelf.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Land O LakesGrades: NS-12 | 478 students
2220 & 2331 Collier Parkway
Land O Lakes, FL 34639
LutzGrades: 4-12 | 74 students
1520 Land O Lakes Blvd Suite D
Lutz, FL 33549
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?