Countryside Montessori Academy
- Countryside Montessori Academy embraces all of the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori in its approach to learning.
- The "absorbent mind" will never repeat its miraculous ability to absorb the native tongue, to perfect movement or internalize order.
- Never will these sensitivities be more alive than in the preschool child.
- The Montessori prepared environment allows children to act freely on their own initiative, meeting needs through individual spontaneous activity.
- The children learn to work quietly and intently on their own "work." They are building concentration and self-discipline.
- The Montessori classroom is a community. In the Montessori environment children work individually, in very small groups, or sit quietly observing.
- The children work freely and when they complete their work, they return it to its place on the shelf.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alachua Grades: PK-9 | 80 students
17414 Nw 112th Blvd
Alachua, FL 32615
(386)462-2886 110.6 PK-9
- Gainesville Grades: NS-12 | 526 students
9818 SW 24th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352)331-7625 99.3 NS-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.