Covenant Christian Academy Of The Lee High Valley
Tel: (610) 868-7302
- Covenant Christian Academy of the Lehigh Valley is a non-profit, parent run educational institution with a mission to be an extension of the Christian family, by providing excellence through Christian education to children in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- History Central Christian Academy (CCA) was founded in 1975 as a ministry of Central Assembly of God Church of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- In early 2005, Central Assembly of God decided to close the ministry no later then the end of the school year.
- With this situation, the parents of Central Christian Academy organized, prayed and were moved to become an independent, non-profit ministry.
- The school was renamed to Covenant Christian Academy of the Lehigh Valley and after a relationship was established with Calvary Wesleyan Church of Bethlehem, the school opened on the Calvary campus in August of 2005.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(gray slacks, white shirt, jumper for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,700|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Steppin" Dance Class taught by American Idol Ian Holmes, "Steppin" Dance Class with American Idol, Aftercare Program, Drama Class|
- The main curriculum base is A Beka Book, the world-renown publishers of Christian textbooks and division of Pensacola Christian College in Florida. A Beka has produced all the basics of a solid education in full-color books and workbooks. • Phonics is the cornerstone of kindergarten and the other grades build on these principles. • Reading in third and fourth grades use the Bob Jones University Press reading program. • Grammar includes all the fundamentals of the English language and its structure. Literature offers the classics as well as modern authors. • History and Science are taught from a Biblical perspective. History asserts patriotism and endorses the hand of God throughout time. Science teaches observation and substantiation of proven theories. It reinforces creationism. Spelling and Bible in grades three through six are predominantly Association of Christian Schools International text workbooks. Additional classes for all grades include: • Art • Music • Gym • Computer • Spanish • Sign Language • Library
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 211 students
1151 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18103
(610) 776-7301 8.5 PK-8
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 391 students
210 North 18th Street
Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 435-8981 6.4 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.