Covenant Life School
5.00 (8 reviews)
- Covenant Life School is a dually accredited K-12 Christian day school with a strong academic tradition, a competitive interscholastic athletics program, and a pervasive emphasis on character development and spiritual formation.
- Located in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., Covenant Life School offers enrollment to families who are members of Evangelical churches. Covenant Life School is passionate about preparing youth for the unique call God has on their lives.
- We are devoted to supporting parents in Covenant Life Church and other Evangelical churches who want to educate their children with strong Christian teachers and from a biblical worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Calculus A/B, Chemistry, Literature, Psychology, Statistics, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,270|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Deanna Korzeniewski|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Cyber Patriots, Drama Club, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel worship team, Choir
- Covenant Life School is a dually accredited PK-12 Christian day school with a strong academic tradition, a competitive interscholastic athletics program, and a pervasive emphasis on character development and spiritual formation. Located in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., Covenant Life School offers enrollment to families who are members of Evangelical churches. Covenant Life School is passionate about preparing youth for the unique call God has on their lives. We are devoted to supporting parents in Covenant Life Church and other Evangelical churches who want to educate their children with strong Christian teachers and from a biblical worldview.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Airy Grades: PK-12 | 301 students
16700 Old Frederick Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771
(410)489-4321 13.9 PK-12
- Olney Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
(240)283-3367 5.8 9-12
My exchange students have attended CLS for several years. Every person I have worked with in both the faculty and support staff and been a quality professional, excellent in their role, and super friendly to work with. Just as great, being newer to the CLS community, I have found the families at CLS to be genuine and welcoming people, inclusive of people from various cultural backgrounds. This is definitely the kind of community that models for teens what it means to be an excellent and kind person. Additionally, the academics are a cut-above and fully prepares a student interested in college.
- Posted by Parent - Allison Schweigman
Covenant Life has been fantastic for our high-schooler. Our child has matured noticeably, and is very comfortable at the school. It's clear to us that Covenant Life's faculty and staff care about the students.
- Posted by Parent - Student
I enjoyed going to CLS almost 20 years ago. Some of the same faculty is still there during my tenure at the school. Currently, I have 2 kids enrolled in elementary school and it has been fantastic. The teachers are outstanding with a challenging, but fun curriculum. The faculty does a great job with the students with the ongoing vision to develop & equip the next generation.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Joe Wethje
The Christian school COVENANT LIFE is being a blessing for our life; since we were looking for a strong Christian teaching values and also strong academics for our son. We feel very comfortable the way my son is progressing. Teachers are very committed and supportive and the facilities are amazing! Of course my son is so delight for the opportunity to participate in the competitive athletic program here.
- Posted by Parent - Alfonso De Diego
Covenant Life School is an acedemically rich environment. Our daughter is in middle school and has attended since Kindergarten. She has enjoyed the art and music classes and participatied on two well coached spots teams. The many elective( STEM, writing, history etc. ) provide opportunities for the students to grow into intelligent and well rounded individuals. The most significant aspect of CLS for our family is that it is a loving and nuturing environment.
- Posted by Parent - Becky P.
I'm so grateful for Covenant Life School as my child has grown in so many ways - academically and spiritually from the godly character education provided by the skilled teachers. The teachers are always so encouraging and uplifting, finding the strengths of each child and encouraging them to grow in all realms of life.
- Posted by Parent - C
Our son has been at Covenant Life School for two years, and he is thriving. The teachers are great - engaging, caring, and challenging the students to grow intellectually and spiritually. Our son is especially interested in computers and math, and he is thrilled with the quality of these departments. There are a lot of sports, music, and other extracurricular activiites, but the most important thing to me is the way students interact with eachother and their teachers. The community is a caring one, and as problems crop up, they are addressed quickly. We are very happy with Covenant Life School.
- Posted by Parent - Freshman's Mom
Covenant Life School has been such a blessing for our family. We have three children, and all of them attend this school. The teachers, the leaders, the staff, they all work together seeking to honor God as they instruct our children to pursue academic excellence while they keep God as number 1
- Posted by Parent - Jose Troche
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.