Cristo Rey Newark High School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 279 students
- Yearly Tuition: $2,700
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Debate Team, Korean Culture Club, Sci-Fi Fantasy Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Cristo Rey Newark, formerly Christ the King Prep, is in its second decade of educating urban students through a rigorous academic curriculum, innovative Corporate Work Study Program and formation in character development. This keenly focused approach has delivered extraordinary results.
- We envision a bright future for every young adult who enrolls at Cristo Rey Newark High School. Our students - representing a broad range of academic abilities - receive significant academic support and counseling to prepare them for the rigors of college. An extended school year with longer school days provides them with more time to develop into leaders. All Cristo Rey Newark High School students participate in our Corporate Work Study Program, building real-world job experience and professional contacts while earning a salary used to offset most of their high school tuition.
- At Cristo Rey Newark High School, academics forms the cornerstone of successful careers and lives. Our college preparatory curriculum transforms students into lifelong learners who think critically, communicate effectively and achieve confidently. During their four years here, students embrace the expectation that they will complete college and get a great job.
- Whether you`re an Honors/AP student or need remedial help, you`ll find the support you need to succeed from Cristo Rey Newark High School`s dedicated faculty and staff. In addition to caring teachers, you`ll also benefit from targeted services including a supervised homework center, SAT prep classes and service learning opportunities that apply your growing awareness of faith-based issues to real-world problems in the community.
Endorse Cristo Rey Newark High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards