- The mission of Curtis School is to provide a well-rounded educational experience that will prepare students to pursue confidently the journey of their lives.
- The school believes this mission can best be realized in a diverse community that embraces a broad range of cultural perspectives.
- In fulfilling its mission, Curtis seeks to inspire a love of learning, to promote appreciation of and participation in athletics and the arts, and to instill a strong sense of moral behavior.
- Curtis nurtures a student's natural abilities while maintaining that children need direction, discipline, and standards of excellence to thrive.
- Our goal is a sound mind in a sound body governed by a compassionate heart.
- We provide a traditional academic program that challenges both the intellect and the imagination.
- An excellent foundation in core subjects and basic skills is balanced with lively experiences in art, music, and theatrical performance.
- We believe the enjoyment of physical activity and healthy competition is vital to a complete education; we advocate a lifetime commitment to good sportsmanship and good health.
- Our school bases its actions on kindness, honesty and respect for self and others, and an appreciation of our differences.
- Adults and children alike accept responsibility to live these values daily through their words and deeds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,700|
|Tuition Notes||New student fee of $1500. Tuition for the upcoming school year is set in January.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mimi Petrie|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Curtis Creative Guild, Debate, LEGO Robotics Team, Orchestra Choir, Debate, Orchestra, Curtis Creative Guild,
LEGO Robotics Team,
- How to Apply: Only the first 200 applications received by the Admissions Office are considered in the applicant pool for Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Applications are available online on September 1 for admission for the following school year. Applications for admission to grades 1-6 must be received by December 1.
Profile last updated: 11/18/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: PK-12 | 194 students
7901 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90044
Los AngelesGrades: KG-6 | 154 students
6817 Franklin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Panorama CityGrades: KG-8 | 610 students
14024 Community St
Panorama City, CA 91402
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.