- The mission of Curtis School is to provide a well-rounded educational experience that will prepare students to pursue confidently the journey of their lives.
- The school believes this mission can best be realized in a diverse community that embraces a broad range of cultural perspectives.
- In fulfilling its mission, Curtis seeks to inspire a love of learning, to promote appreciation of and participation in athletics and the arts, and to instill a strong sense of moral behavior.
- Curtis nurtures a student's natural abilities while maintaining that children need direction, discipline, and standards of excellence to thrive.
- Our goal is a sound mind in a sound body governed by a compassionate heart.
- We provide a traditional academic program that challenges both the intellect and the imagination.
- An excellent foundation in core subjects and basic skills is balanced with lively experiences in art, music, and theatrical performance.
- We believe the enjoyment of physical activity and healthy competition is vital to a complete education; we advocate a lifetime commitment to good sportsmanship and good health.
- Our school bases its actions on kindness, honesty and respect for self and others, and an appreciation of our differences.
- Adults and children alike accept responsibility to live these values daily through their words and deeds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,700|
|Tuition Notes||New student fee of $1500. Tuition for the upcoming school year is set in January.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mimi Petrie|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Curtis Creative Guild, Debate, LEGO Robotics Team, Orchestra Choir, Debate, Orchestra, Curtis Creative Guild,
LEGO Robotics Team,
- How to Apply: Only the first 200 applications received by the Admissions Office are considered in the applicant pool for Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Applications are available online on September 1 for admission for the following school year. Applications for admission to grades 1-6 must be received by December 1.
Profile last updated: 11/18/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Los AngelesGrades: PK-12 | 194 students
7901 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90044
June 19, 2017
Is private school right for your child? Learn about the things you should consider and the unique benefits of a private school education.
June 19, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
June 07, 2017
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.