Curtis School Foundation
- The mission of Curtis School is to provide a well-rounded educational experience that will prepare students to pursue confidently the journey of their lives.
- The school believes this mission can best be realized in a diverse community that embraces a broad range of cultural perspectives.
- In fulfilling its mission, Curtis seeks to inspire a love of learning, to promote appreciation of and participation in athletics and the arts, and to instill a strong sense of moral behavior.
- Curtis nurtures a student's natural abilities while maintaining that children need direction, discipline, and standards of excellence to thrive.
- Our goal is a sound mind in a sound body governed by a compassionate heart.
- We provide a traditional academic program that challenges both the intellect and the imagination.
- An excellent foundation in core subjects and basic skills is balanced with lively experiences in art, music, and theatrical performance.
- We believe the enjoyment of physical activity and healthy competition is vital to a complete education; we advocate a lifetime commitment to good sportsmanship and good health.
- Our school bases its actions on kindness, honesty and respect for self and others, and an appreciation of our differences.
- Adults and children alike accept responsibility to live these values daily through their words and deeds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,700|
|Tuition Notes||New student fee of $1500. Tuition for the upcoming school year is set in January.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mimi Petrie|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate, LEGO Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Curtis Creative Guild, Orchestra
- How to Apply: Only the first 200 applications received by the Admissions Office are considered in the applicant pool for Developmental Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Applications are available online on September 1 for admission for the following school year. Applications for admission to grades 1-6 must be received by December 1.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 1026 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Van NuysGrades: PK-8 | 362 students
15700 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1106 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.