Cyzner Institute Day School & Therapeutic Center
- The Cyzner Institute is a private educational, therapeutic and biomedical center for children with learning differences or special developmental and behavioral health needs.
- Through early intervention and a highly individualized approach, we help children develop essential skills that help set the foundation for future social and educational success and independence.
- Our Day School combines academics with layers of therapy and features both a Lower and Upper School for children of preschool age through middle school.
- We also provide Therapeutic Services for children from birth through 18 years of age including occupational, speech-language, and music therapy, ABA, and combined therapeutic and biomedical consultation.
- CI offers a variety of services, layers of support and group activities all in one place.
- We work closely with parents and other key professionals to provide a coordinated and customized response to each family's specific needs in order to help children function as independently as possible in everyday life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental &/or Behavioral Health needs incl. ASD, Aspergers, PDD, OCD, ADHD, mood/anxiety disorders, language, auditory, social skills delay, eating disorders, and other comorbid medical or mental health needs|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition may vary based upon educational & therapeutic services reqd through individualized programming|
|Admissions Director||Tracey Johnson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool enrichment, Biomedical & nutritional counseling, Home/Parent education & training, Music/social skills/drama, Shadowing/school consultation, Summer program extension, Tutoring/educational therapy, Will's Place/Coaching Co-op Program|
- The Cyzner Institute is a private educational, therapeutic and biomedical center for children with learning differences or special developmental and behavioral health needs. Through early intervention and an individualized approach, we help children develop essential skills that help set the foundation for future social and educational success and independence. CI offers a variety of services, layers of support and group activities all in one place. We work closely with parents and other key professionals to provide a coordinated response to your family's specific needs in order to help the children function as independently as possible in everyday life.
- Our Day School features both a Lower and Upper School weekday program for children of preschool age through middle school. Our low student-to-teacher ratio allows for a more differentiated learning program for each child, allowing them to develop pre-academic, academic, and daily living skills in an intimate and highly customized environment. Children come to CI from both the public and private sectors from various settings. We serve a diverse student body with the ultimate goal of helping students mainstream back into these public or private settings with the skills they need to be successful. We have a rolling admissions policy and encourage you to contact us to schedule an appointment to visit.
- We also provide Therapeutic Services for children from birth through 18 years of age. These services include occupational, speech-language, and music therapy, ABA, afterschool enrichment, tutoring and educational therapy, social skills, case management, evaluations, school consultation, as well as combined therapeutic and biomedical consultation.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 1598 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)887-7040 1.3 K-12
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 267 students
8500 Sardis Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)365-4658 1.4 K-12
- Charlotte Grades: K-8 | 28 students
6220 Thermal Road
Charlotte, NC 28211
(704)366-8712 1.5 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.