- Delphian School is an independent, coeducational day and boarding school located in Sheridan, Oregon open to students from around the world.
- We offer a rigorous academic independent-study mastery program with a strong emphasis on practical learning for primary through high school students.
- 87% of our graduates are admitted to their first choice colleges. Delphian students score an average of 25% higher on the SAT than the national average.
- Delphian offers a highly regarded English-Language-Learning program and boasts a diverse, international student body representing over eighteen countries.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language, English Literature, French Language and Culture, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Physics B, Spanish Language|
|Average SAT score||1376|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,270|
|Tuition Notes||Day and boarding rates vary. Visit Delphian.org for more information on fee structures, scholarships and financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Thomas Keough|
|Admissions Associate||Bridgette Rappoport|
|Endowment Size||1.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackArchery, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Cross Fit, Paddle Tennis,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery Club, Audio/Visual Class, Ceramics, Chess Club, Choir, Drama, Drawing and Painting, Guitar, International Club, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Volleyball, Jazz Choir, Music, Photography & Darkroom Editing, Student Council, Weightlifting, Woodshop, Writing and Poetry, Yoga Archery Club, Ceramics, Chess Club, Choir, Drama, Guitar, Jazz Choir, Music, Weightlifting, Woodshop, Yoga, Audio/Visual Class,
Drawing and Painting,
Photography & Darkroom Editing,
Writing and Poetry,
- Shouldn't education be about more than studying to pass exams? Shouldn't your education be about you? What if you could design your own educational program? What subjects would you study? What skills would you learn? What roads would you explore?
- At Delphian, you won`t find teachers lecturing while students rotely take notes. You will find students actively engaged in learning, studying independently and moving at the speed that is right for them. You`ll see lively one-on-one and small group discussions on works of literature, art, business, science or current events. You`ll see students creating clay models to explain and demonstrate a concept. A student giving a presentation on his apprenticeship experience or a topic he`s just researched. And students heading to the science lab or out into the world to test or explore a theory.
- The Delphi Program is designed to help students relate what they`re learning to how they will use this information to succeed in life, and you`ll find our students living their education from the moment they walk into our school. Our faculty excel at keeping students motivated and on track with their studies, and you can be assured that each student receives highly personal attention-every academic program isindividually designed to best cater to the student's academic needs and interests. Each student at Delphian is treated as an individual, and we seek to help all of them find their own purpose and use for their education.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SheridanGrades: K-12 | 22 students
121 NE Yamhill St
Sheridan, OR 97378
WillaminaGrades: 2-9 | 18 students
Po Box 38
Willamina, OR 97396
McminnvilleGrades: K-8 | 58 students
1349 NW Elm Street
Mcminnville, OR 97128
McminnvilleGrades: 9-12 | 11 students
Po Box 1288
Mcminnville, OR 97128
McminnvilleGrades: PK-4 | 48 students
1101 Se Brooks St
Mcminnville, OR 97128
Delphian was such an amazing experience. I'd say it was more than just a wonderful education. It was building lifelong friendships, with not just my fellow students but also the staff and faculty. It was learning how to believe in myself and developing a love of learning. The campus is incredible. Hundreds of acres of forest and hills, streams and little ponds. Pretty much the ideal situation for a school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rene
As a parent, it's so important to me to be able to have direct access to my children's teachers and that they are willing and interested in communicating with me about my child. I get this in spades at Delphian. The teachers are wonderful and very interested in each individual child's future. I so appreciate that.
- Posted by Parent - tkeis