- The Derry Montessori School was founded in 1982, The educational philosophy of the School is based on the teachings of Maria Montessori.
- The environment is a key feature of the philosophy. The materials are designed to provide each child with successful learning experiences.
- Children can choose freely, or accept guidance as needed, moving about the classroom constructively, following their natural developmental stages of learning.
- We call these stages the Sensitive Periods of Development. This is a time in each childs life where their sensitivity to developing certain concepts or particular skills is at its prime.
- Giving the child ample opportunity to interact with the materials at these special times in their development, affords them the ability to reach a high level of mastery and to maximize the personal satisfaction in achieving these skills.
- This method creates the fertile ground necessary for developing a strong sense of self and personal pride in their achievements.
- The environment provides each child with an individualized exposure to learning that encourages an ability to learn freely, with responsibility.
- All of these elements are vital to successful living. It is always our goal to provide an environment that is safe, clean, peaceful, respectful, beautiful, and ordered, with a rich cultural curriculum, and the provision of positive role models that facilitate a well-rounded educational and social process.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.