Desert Chapel Christian
5.00 (4 reviews)
- History - Desert Chapel Christian School, an ongoing ministry of Desert Chapel, was first established as an elementary school in January of 1980.
- The school continued to expand with the addition of a middle school in 1990 and a high school in 1999.
- Since those humble beginnings, Desert Chapel Christian School has become well known in our community for its accomplishments.
- With a reputation for excellence in academics, athletics and most recently the fine arts (art/drama), our campus continues to provide the best educational opportunities in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- College Preparatory ' To insure that our school is continuing to forge ahead with our educational and academic commitments we are accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and our classes are all approved and accepted by the University of California (UC) system.
- Mission ' Desert Chapel Christian School endeavors to provide students with a Christ-centered, biblically infused education.
- Our dedicated staff encourages our students to seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, assimilate Christian values, pursue academic success, develop healthy relationships and become an asset to the community in which they live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo shirt, khaki pants and shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies between Elementary, Middle and High School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ASB, Drama Club, Petite Praisers/Choir, Yearbook
- At Desert Chapel Christian School we expect our students to grow and develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
- Spiritually - our students acquire foundational knowledge of the Bible and are invited to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Intellectually - they develop logical and critical thinking skills and learn to communicate effectively using oral and written language.
- Physically - students develop and understand the basis for maintaining physically fit bodies and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Socially - they are encouraged to display a healthy relationship with peers, family, school and the community they live.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm Springs Grades: PK-8 | 276 students
67675 Bolero Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264
(760)324-5464 2.9 PK-8
- Cathedral City Grades: PK-12 | 100 students
1281 N Gene Autry Trail, Suite C
Cathedral City, CA 92262
(760)898-1764 2.2 PK-12
- Palm Springs Grades: PK-6 | 39 students
3692 E Chia Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760)323-2502 2.2 PK-6
- Banning Grades: PK-12 | 207 students
1325 Mountain Ave
Banning, CA 92220
(951)849-1877 24.1 PK-12
Both of my boys have attended DC since Kinder. It has been a fantastic foundation for them both academically and spiritually. This school truly does have staff that loves and cares for all the kids. Solid group of teachers. Sports programs are great and everyone gets an opportunity to play. I wouldn't change any of it.
- Posted by Parent - Christina
My daughter has attended DCCS since Kindergarten, with one break at first grade, and is going to Middle School next year. We love the school, teachers, administration, pastors and other families here. Our daughter has recieved the education we always wanted to give her. With the love and support of the staff and God's blessings given to our family we are so grateful for the opportunity to have our daughter attend DCCS. Thank you to all!
- Posted by Parent - kimmy
DCCS has been home to my three kids since kindergarten. The oldest graduated with honors last year and is currently attending Concordia University. She has mentioned more than one occasion how thankful she is for the education received at DC. She is one of the only students who was prepared for the rigorous writing requirements in school
- Posted by Parent - westy
Desert Chapel has wonderful a wonderful true caring pastor who is eager to help your student in all areas of his/her life. This is what we need in a "true and honest" qualified Christian school today. They seem to help you with any problem and not turn you away. Highly recommended to all paretns to enroll their students here!
- Posted by Parent - bslhe
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.