Dominion Christian Schools
5.00 (1 review)
Dominion Christian Schools Photo #3 - DCS Football. Dominion offers middle and high school football (MS, JV, and varsity)
Dominion Christian Schools Photo #5 - Dominion offers an international program for students abroad. International students come from China, Korea, and Vietnam. Most of our international students complete their high school studies at DCS and continue their education at universities across the U.S.
- The mission of Dominion Christian Schools is to glorify God as we prepare students in mind, body, and spirit to meet life's challenges with a Christ-centered Biblical worldview.
- Established in 1997, DCS is a private, coeducational, independent Christian school.
- Our 40 acre campus provides a peaceful learning environment with all the amenities of much larger schools.
- Our campus is composed of a diverse student body made up of Caucasian, African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native-American and international students.
- Because our school is for 6-12 graders, we focus on each student's particular needs in a college preparatory environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please contact Director of Counseling, Jeff Peeples for specific questions to kinds of Learning Differences supported; GSNS accepted|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||166 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History 201 (Dual Enrollment), American History 202 (Dual Enrollment), AP Art - Studio, AP Chemistry, AP Language & Composition, College Anatomy & Physiology, English 101 Advanced Composition (Dual Enrollment), English 102 Literary Types & Composition (Dual Enrollment), Math 102 College Algebra (Dual Enrollment), Math 116 Pre-Calculus (Dual Enrollment), Math 220 Calculus w/Analytical Geometry (Dual Enrollment), Spanish 101 (Dual Enrollment), Spanish 102 (Dual Enrollment), World History 101 (Dual Enrollment), World History 102 (Dual Enrollment)|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,995|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost listed is for HS. Please check the website for MS tuition and tuition breakdown.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Stansel|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, DoMissions, Explorers, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Outreach Club, Peer Leadership, Rangers, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chapel Worship Band, Choir
- Dominion offers a challenging and diverse college preparatory curriculum in a Christian private school setting that is aligned with state and national standards.
- At Dominion, academic excellence consists of thorough instruction in the basic disciplines, the development of sound study habits, and the opportunity to be challenged by increasingly complex subject matter - all integrated with a Biblical worldview. Dominion`s graduation requirements closely parallel the admission requirements of many colleges. Because of the quality and experience of the faculty, and the personal instruction and guidance given, we believe that students will find a challenging and balanced academic program at Dominion.
- Dominion provides the support, nurture and care that children need while offering appropriate academic challenge and rigor. Our curriculum is designed to teach students to read, write and reason in preparation for the profound challenges that lie ahead. We also offer a broad and exciting variety of athletic and extracurricular opportunities. We believe that academic and extracurricular activities presented in God-centered, Biblically-based setting are key in a student`s development.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: K-12 | 446 students
955 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068
(678)784-5231 15.6 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1115 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-1345 17.7 K-12
- Gainesville Grades: 7-12
2001 Riverside Drive
Gainesville, GA 30501
(800)462-2338 54.8 7-12
DCS is an excellent school with an outstanding faculty. Students have access to advanced classes as well as dual enrollment through Truett McConnell University. DCS offers a broad range of sports, clubs, and other extracurricular activities. This is our second year at DCS and we couldn't be more pleased with how our child is doing both academically and spiritually. DCS is a very welcoming school and is definitely living up to their excellent reputation.
- Posted by Parent - Stacey Bannister
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.